cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One-to-many table linking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to write a report with multiple one-to-many table links. The issue is I only want a single record from the linked tables. The main table is an item table and the linked tables are issue and receipt. I want to display information from the last issue record and the last receipt record along with the item information. Not sure how to restrict the joins to just a single record (also need to sort desc on dates in the linked tables). Does this require the use of a view? or a custom sp?

Thanks for taking your time to help.

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To bring back a single record then you will probably need to use a View , command or SP.

However, in Crystal you can bring back multiple records and only display the record you want. The easiest way will be to group

Data on Date and then Item code.

Place the data you want to see in in Item group footer and suppress details and all other Group headers and footers.

To get receipt date just use a maximum summary of receipt date in item group footer

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Given the data that I was dealing with and the format of the report I finally settled on a sp. Thanks for the tip in the right direction!