cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Keyfigure as 2 columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use a key figure in the query and want to show this key figure value by restricting it with a characteristic say Material. I want to display the same keyfigure as two different columns say Col1 and Col2. Col1 should be restricted by Material value Mat1 and Col2 should be restricted by Material Value Mat2.

The material values Mat1 and Mat2 differ for various users. How can this be done? Is creating individual variables say Var1 for Mat1 value and Var2 for Mat2 value the only option or can this done with a single variable?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You can do this with 2 variables for Material and RKFs that use these. If it was with another char, like some time char then we can think of using one variable and an offset, but may be that logic would not work for the materials.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Bhanu. Actually this report is for sales guys. The number of columns displayed in the report should be equal to the number of materials he sells i.e. if he is sells 3 different materials then the report should have 3 columns Col1, Col2 and Col3 with the same key figure. Then Col1 is restricted by Mat1, Col2 by Mat2 and Col3 by Mat3.

1. Iam guessing that a single report for all the sales guys is not possible in this scenario as the number of columns would vary for them. Am I correct?

2. Also, the number of variables to be equals the number of columns in the report?

Thanks again!!

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case you might need to think of something else...sales guys may be dealing with many materials and they will not like to enter the different materials in different variables. You can try to put the Material object in the columns above the KF, so then also you will have one column for one material and the corresponding KF value under that. Then you can see how the relation between the Sales person and the Material is maintained (if any) or create the material variable as selection options and have each Sales Guy create a Variant with his or her Materials. They can select their variant when running the report and get the columns as per the materials. Or you can also choose to let the Sales person personalize the material variable (so it will store his materials and not come up on the screen).

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Bhanu. Like you suggested, if I put the material with a variable in the columns above the key figures, then the result would show the output for various materials across the columns. But it would still not show each column for a particular material. Rather it would show the keyfigure value for all the materials entered in the variable. How do I come across this?

Thanks for your earlier suggestions....

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keep the Material char out of the KF structure...don't drop it into the structure. It will work as reqd.