cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODS update failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Last night, data in ODS got updated with QM status as green & technical status as green, but PSA id is appearing as 0 and it is not available for report (ODS data is not yet active) .

On analysis, i relaized that data is uploaded smoothly in PSA & ODS, but ODS is not yet activated. I am wondering why it has happened..

Please help me to analyze the reason for the same

Cheers

Rajiv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

do you have a process chain or the automatic activation as a ODS property ? Did you check evey log (inside the PC or in the monitor) and ST22 or SM50 ?

Hope it helps !

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto,

We are not using process chain, ODS data uploading happened through scheduled job in background at 2:00 AM.

in ST22, i have seen one error log of oracle related, but that job was started at 3:00 AM & started by other users.

Any other tip..

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find out some more information from SM37, SM21. Let us know few more details .Then we can help out properly.

With rgds,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the activation started and did not finish, look into the activation protocol. Right click on the ODS, choose Activate Data and use the Protocol button in the bottom line. Typical reasons for activation failure are missing currencies or units, wrong fiscal periods etc.

Best regards

Dirk

somnathkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Where is the 'Protocol' button in the activate data pop-up box of an ODS? I don't see. I am on BW 3.5.