cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODS generated objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a custom created ODS, for which I have not set the option " Update data targets automatically". But when I see the generated Objects under the data mart, I am seeing new info source has been created and a new PSA table gets created for every load of the ODS. Why this happens. How to prevernt this happening. Infact, I donot have any design requirement to further update to any other data targets

thanks

D Bret

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the option only data targets in the processing tab of Infopackage and try it. It may resolve the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dave,

The infosource and the PSA come before the ODS in the dataflow. So these are not additional data targets that are getting created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

These infosources are generated by the System and starting with 8*. Even I did not do " Generate export data source " for this ODS. So how can this data source will be created and why...how to prevent the system to generate further infopacks and start extract and storing into PSA ??

thanks

D Bret

Former Member
0 Kudos

The PSA will be created so that data can be reloaded into the ODS in case of incorrect dataloads.

When ODS is created and activated, the 8* infosource will be created even if you are not updating to other data targets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Well, I understand, 8* infosource will be created after activating the ODS. Now my question is why I should get PSA under this infosource....can this be disabled ? and also , where /how can I see the infopacks ( I guess System generated ), which are extracting data from my ODS

thanks

D Bret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will not load data to any data targets further. when you activate the ODS it will generate those objects. if you want to load data using this you need to create an info pack or by right click on ODS -> select update data to further data targets will also generate system Info pack, if you did not use this option system will not load data any further.

you can see the info source and PSA table when ever you load data to ODS and activate them. why because when you activate the data it will be updated to Active table and Change Log table, your change log table is nothing but a PSA table so this data will be stored there. you can delete this data, but as i know you can not avoid this one if you are activating the ODS data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks guys,

I found from the SAP documentation that Change logs are stored as PSA, which needs to be deleted frequently .

thanks again