cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODS error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when i try loading data ods is giving error. infoobject of 0doc_hdr_txt is giving invalid charactorstics . actually the data is successfully loading to ods but when the data is loading form ods to infocube is giving error but this infoobject, 0doc_hdr_txt itself is not there in infocube .i gone through previous forums but i didnt get any solution.can you any one suggest this issue .

Regards

RK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Ur ODS many not be enabled for the Bex Reporting and hence u are not getting any issues in activating the ODS req..

Cube is getting this issue as u can do reporting on this.. and it will check for the proper values from the source DS. Check if the Object "0doc_hdr_txt" is supplying any data to the other object in ur cube which might be causing this issue.

Check the mappings of ur Cube - Update rules whether this object is mapped to any other one or not?

And also post the extact error message for further assistance,..

Assign points if this helps

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thank you very much for your replies.

my question is because of this error i deleted this 0doc_hdr_txt from infoube .why again this error is coming . if this object is mapped to the any of the char . how can i check

this is detail error

this is error message

Value ""GANESH PAPER MART

" " from characteristic 0DOC_HD_TXT contains an error at position

regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u delete the infoobject from the infocube itself???

Are u working in production server???

Regards,

B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i deleted the infoobject from production server itself . even i asked my end users is not required this infoobject for reporting.its giving lot of problems every request its giving error.

regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. Check at the update rules whether u have any objects which is having mapping fromthis object...

If yes then u will get these invalid chars as well..

Try for the new load and check how it works if u dont have any mapping from this object..

Try loading using PSA..

thanks

Hope thishelps

ravikanth_indurthi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rama Krishna,

If the infoobject is not required just remove that, so that no data is loaded for that request.Just remove the mapping in transfer rules and keep no update in update rules, so that data will not be populated for that infoobject.

Hope this helps.........

Rgs,

I.R.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then change ur update rules with out mapping this IO and then try loading..it should work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanku very much replies .actually this infocube is updaed from ODS.when i checked the update rule its showing keyfigure only i could not find any characterstics

Regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

In general, u can see keyfigures in the Update rules Initial screen...

there click on one Key figure and above the key Fig screen u can see one square symbol which represents the characteristics info.. U need to click this symbol to get into the chars details.. there u can check the mapping of the characteristics..

there u can do this change of mapping...

Assign points if this helps..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i checked this infoobject 0DOC_HDR_TXT is not there . do u have any alternate solution

Regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i checked all the packets almost 833packets . i could not find any special charater (#) any one of the packet.can any one please guide me how to solve issue .

regards

Rk

Former Member
0 Kudos

First did u chk wheter the Infoobject is made as no update in update rules??? or it has been removed???

If thats the case then ull not get the values for it...

Regards,

B

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u check the mapping of the characteristics or not.?? if not then check the same.. then only we can check from where the data is getting updated to the Cube..

If u cannt see any bad chars in the PSA data, then this issue shud not arise.. U feel that u are not checking PSA properly for the same..

Check the mapping and do let us know the details...

Thanks

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thank u very much for your replies. actually i removed this infoobject from the dimension . i checked in update rules but this infoobject 0DOC_HDR_TXT is not there.even i checked twice all packets there is no special character.

Regards

RK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is only becuase of Mapping problem in update rules please check the mappings of ur Cube - Update rules whether this object is mapped to any other one or not?

And also check If this is delta load, the ODS DATA MART status should be deleted befor loading from ODS to cube.

OR,

Debug the same why it is throughing an error.

HOpe this resolves your issue.

Regards,

Anand Tej.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error is not detected in ODS because it will not be reporting enabled. where for cube it will be. check in details tab for the invalid characters ...the infoobject should be there in cube try searching with descrition/tech name on. u can delete the request in target..edit the error records in PSA nd push it manually from ODS to Cube

Regards,

B