cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODS design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to design a ODS based on ods1 and ods2.

Below is the example.

Can any one suggest me the best way of doing it.

oDS1

K1 k2 PD CN Units

11 22 p1 c1 10

12 23 p2 c2 20

13 24 p3 c3 30

K1 K2 are the keys and the remaing are the data fields.

OdS2

CN OC Dummy KF

C1 O1 123

C1 O2 123

C1 O3 123

C2 O1 123

C2 O2 123

c3 o2 123

c3 O3 123

In this C1 O1 are the keys and the Dummy Kf (of no use) is the data field.

my result ODS should be

K1 K2 PD CN OC Units

11 22 P1 C1 O1 10

C1 O2 10

C1 o3 10

12 23 P2 C2 O1 20

C2 O2 20

13 24 P3 C3 O2 30

C3 o3 30

Here the unit field is filled based on the ods1.

Thx.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thejo,

Using the cube option sounds a better option.

In the update rules for calling fields o1,o2 use the Active table of the 2nd ODS and do your manipulation.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

CAn you just shoot a sample code for reading multiple values during the update?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thejo,

Yes.That would show the results as you want it to be. Since both the data coming from ODS have different set of characteristics they would be displayed as distinct rows in a Cube's report.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

Here are the two things.

1)If a create an Infoset from the Infoprovider option, can i use it as a DS. If i can i think that my problem would be solved. Here the problem i am facing is the generated Infoset is not available globally.

2) While updating the ODS / Cube from the First ODS1 is it possible to read multiple values like o1, o2 .. to fill in the OC field via update routine. If so can any of you please let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thejo,

Your requirements can be met by creating a Multiprovider between the 2 ODS's. However if you want the new ODS to physically have data then create an export data source from the both the ODS and load into the newly created ODS.

Bye

Dinesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here the problem is the PD and CN are not the keys.

But for each CN there are multiple CO's. If i just load the data from both the ODS's will it be ok.In my second ODS i have only two fields CN and CO. Just give a thought by looking at the example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define the Infoset on these 2 ODS with the field CN as common.So CN is used in the join condition.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. If a create an Infoset, then i have to use this infoset for queries? It is not possible to use this infoset data to load into Infocube. Am I Correct. I have one option of this.

But if i want to load the data into another ODS is it possible using some update routines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, You have to create the queries on Infoset. But I donot think that we can populate the data from Infoset to other Data targets.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to use new OSD to populate the data from these two ODS objects. What could be the best design?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can populate a Data Target using an Infoset Query. You need to create a DataSource based on that InfoSet query and use that to load the DataTarget.

Regards,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created an Infoset.

But when i try to create a DS using that, it says infoset is not available in global area. When i checked for that i could not find an option where to declare the Infoset in the global area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thejo,

In Transaction SQ02, check Menu Environment -> Query Areas. You will see 2,

1> Standard Area (Client specifc)

2> Global Area (Cross Client).

I guess your query should be present in Global Area and not in Standard.

Regards,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created an Infoset from the Infoprovider path.

But i could not see that in the global area (through Sq02). I have a doubt that the infoset what we areated using the InfoProvider option will be available globally?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sree,

What happens if load the ods1 data and ods2 data into the Infocube.Will it show the desired result?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thejo,

I'm not sure why you don't get you InfoSet in Global Area. I don't think you will get desired results if you directly load ODS 1 & 2 into Cube. The ODS should have the common keys to get desired results.

In your case, you can create a ABAB program with necessary logic to combine the data and create a InfoSet based on that ABAP program, then feed DataSource, with that InfoSet query. In this case, you can create your InfoSet directly in the Global Area.

Regards,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Thanks a lot.