Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODS data Load from multiple sources.... Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

I have a situation:

I have a ODS where out of 150 fields 100 are coming from flat files, 30 from other ODSs and 20 are from Master Data Tables (some are attributes of Master Data InfoObjects).

I am thinking i can do the following. Please advise if this is fine or if there is any other way of doing it for better performance e.t.c

1 Load the Flat File Fields based on Flat File DataSource/InfoSource/UpdateRules.

2. Load the other ODS fields/data in the Start Routine of the above Update Rules ???

3. Load the Master Data objects through Master Data InfoSources

Please confirm if i can do this. Also is there any order that i have to maintain for the same..... and finally

When i declare the Masterdata Object (say 0MATERIAL) as one of my data object in the ODS and some the fields as the attributes of this 0MATERIAL, if some one is already loading data into the 0MATERIAL, should i load again or not, because i remember Master Data stores data in separate tables.. ... Please remove my confusion )

All useful answers will be given full points.

Thanks a lot ...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

You will get to see the data, you don't have to re-load Attributes unless they change.

Ram C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you friend, awarded points

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

<i>1 Load the Flat File Fields based on Flat File DataSource/InfoSource/UpdateRules.

2. Load the other ODS fields/data in the Start Routine of the above Update Rules ???

3. Load the Master Data objects through Master Data InfoSources</i>

THe third one is only possible if those InfoObjects are InfoProviders. This is becasue if the I-Objects are direct update, you cannot use those infosources for any other laods but InfoObjects.

<i>Please confirm if i can do this. Also is there any order that i have to maintain for the same.....</i>

Order is needed only if th ekey figures are Overwrite and Business Requests the order.

<i>and finally

When i declare the Masterdata Object (say 0MATERIAL) as one of my data object in the ODS and some the fields as the attributes of this 0MATERIAL, if some one is already loading data into the 0MATERIAL, should i load again or not, because i remember Master Data stores data in separate tables.. ... Please remove my confusion )</i>

Didn't understand this part clearly.

DO you have the Attributes of 0material in ODS and populating thme in ODS?

Ram C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram, thanks for the reply....

my last question was, lets say i include 0MATERIAL as my info object in the ODS and another 5 Info Objects as the attributes to this 0MATERIAL.

Now if some one is already loading data into 0MATERIAL (since its big implementation, its quite possible)... would i get to see that data loaded in the 0MATERIAL or i would have reload it again ???