cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODS and Cube - Records count for fast reports performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have the problem with performance of reports. Sometimes it needs so much time, up to 5-10 minutes. I think it depends from records count of infoprovider. I know there are some ways for improving of performance by splitting a large Cube into small Cube, and creating aggregates. But how many record should has a cube before splitting it? And how about ODS?

Thanks advance,

Aleks.

Ver BW 350.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This depends upon the kind of system you have and volume of data.

ODS will have issues even for the small amount of records if secondary indexes are not created for the characteristics which you use in the drilldown of the report.

For the cubes try to do compression with zero elimination and keep the DB statistics updated.

Also try to keep the number of request as less as possible in the cubes and I genrally go with around 15-20 million records per cube....but in case of huge amount of data this limit can increase.

Thanks

Ajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajeet,

Thank you.

ODS will have issues even for the small amount of records if secondary indexes are not created for the characteristics which you use in the drilldown of the report.

Secondary indexes - where can I check it?

Also try to keep the number of request as less as possible in the cubes...

By compressing of cube - doesn't it?

Thanks

Aleks

Edited by: Aleksandr Alekseev on Mar 10, 2009 9:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Secondary indexes ::-

Go to the manage screen of your dso.

There you have an entry for indexes.

just expand that and check whether any fields are available there or not.

If some fields are there means you have created secondary indexes.

Compression ::-

Compression will compress all requests into one requests. There will be a significant reduction in the number of records if there are repetitions in the keyfield.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I'll try to do it.

Good luck!

Best regards,

Aleks