cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC ORACLE connection issue when trying to create a datastore. SAP Ds 3.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am at a client and I am trying to create an Oracle data store. I have an Oracle client installed on my laptop and an ORACLE driver. I can connect and query Oralce tables using Oralce tools on my laptop.

When I go to SAP DS to create a datastore I get an error message "Cannot find NT Oracle Server DLL <OCI.dll> Make sure Oracle has been installed and the PATH variable has been set"

The PATH is set correctly.

Creating a data store using Database Oracle give the above message.

If I try using ODBC it cannot find the oracle drive in the system list.

HELP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the answer. If you are on a 64bit OS (win7) and SAP DS is 32bit you need to have a 32 bit Oracle driver. Second you can not set up the ODBC admin with the 64bit version. You need to use C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe. If you use the 64bit ODBC admin you will not see the drive in SAP DS.

this was the root of my prpblem. So I unnstalled the 64Bit first and then installed the 32bit version.

I am working fine now at the client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad you figured it out.

For info, when you move to DS 4 the designer is available as 32 or 64 bit.

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Are you using a supported version of Oracle? I hope it's not Oracle 7!

This is probably an installation issue, where is Data Services installed? If its Program Files (x86), try re-installing in C:\SAP or similar.

Your comment <<If I try using ODBC it cannot find the oracle drive in the system list.>> makes me wonder if the the Oracle client is not installed properly.

Michael