cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OData V2 services are not loading in Business Application Studio

AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor

Hello Gurus,

I am trying to connect Business Application Studio with ABAP Cloud Trial account... I have created some services (V2).

I have configured Destination and test connection is successful.

Issue:

When I am creating application (Fiori List and Object Page Application) using BAS and trying to add Service the Dropdown is not loading V2 services, but all V2 services are available.

When I tried to create SAPUI5 Freestyle application I am seeing below error:

Please help what I am missing...

Thanks-

Abhishek

Willem_Pardaens
Advisor
Advisor

V2 and V4 have different templates to start from. Probably the template you chose only works with oData v4.

AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi willem.pardaens

I tried with both free style sapui5 and Fiori elements option, for both I face same issue... But per your suggestion I will try again may be I have missed something somewhere...

Thanks-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjXZ-tts_5gde1QvptsNbrQ?sub_confirmation=1

Abhishek

sukshath
Discoverer
0 Kudos

abhi.sharma05 Did you find any solution for this?

AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor

Hi sukshath

I am sure both V2 and V4 gets loaded and I have seen all of the services, but now I am not able to replicate. It must be with application type we create...

I am still trying to figure out by creating multiple application... and will update here...

Thanks-

Abhishek

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjXZ-tts_5gde1QvptsNbrQ?sub_confirmation=1

ashish32patel
Explorer

I am facing the same issue .

former_member478603
Participant

Was anyone able to crack this. I still only see V4 services.

0 Kudos

Same here, exactly same issue besides they crahsed Principal Propagation with their last Cloud Conector version 2.15.0, just saw for Q2/2022 new version of Service Center, SAP System Service Provider has been announced...

AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyone got this working ? I tried different options and different application templates while creating UI5 application but couldn't see V2 services getting loaded...

Thanks-

Abhishek

quiggs1000
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Sorry to hear you are having these issues :(. From the error in the generator, it looks like there is no V2 catalog service available for your destination. Can you please see the SAP note https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/0003063160 that details how you can check if the catalog service is available.

Secondly, have you tried accessing your destination from the service center in BAS? Can you please check if that also is only returning V4 services?

Final question - for your SAP UI5 template screenshot above, is that the same service? So there should be V4 services returned, correct?

Thanks,

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AbhishekSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

willem.pardaens sukshath ashish32patel gayatri.bokar floriangeorg.furtmller

Just thought to update I got this working... My observation is you need to login into Cloud Foundry account with proper credentials.

Below were my observations:

1- When trying to connect with trial account, system NOW expect PID password which was not the case earlier.

2- Earlier email ID and PID both were connected and I used password which is attached to my Email address.

3- This time Email and PID (which both are connected) have different passwords, I need to reset my PID password and needs to provide updated password while connection from Cloud Connector.

4- So now Email will work with SSO (login to SCN) but Cloud connector will work with PID password.

5- Same email same account 2 Passwords.

Hope above details may be helpful to anyone facing this issue.

Thanks-

Abhishek

issabella_martin1995
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek ,

Great to find this post !!!

I am facing the same issue but in ABAP BTP trail system. All the v4 services are loading but none of the v2 services are.

My old v2 projects are running fine though. It is strange as the destination config was unchanged and never caused an issue.

Can you please suggest me where I should be heading ?