cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object with key and text display exports to Excel as merged cells

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a query that displays 0Material as Key and text. When the result is exported to Excel from the portal the key and text columns show as merged cells which cause an issue for the end user when sorting. Does anyone know of a way to export these as separate fields? Currently I am instructing them to manually remove the merged cell in Excel using the format cells, alignment then text control.

Regards,

Craig Stephen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I'm on BI 7 EhP1 & don't see a similar behaviour on export to excel. What version are you on?

Found a SAP Note 1092681 - Support Package Stack 13: Excel: Cells are merged - don't know if it is relevant though.

--Priya

Edited by: Priya Jacob on Mar 24, 2010 5:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priya,

Thank you for the information... We already have the note applied to our system. The merging of cells is occurring in Excel 2003 and 2007. For now the end users are manually removing the merged cells in Excel. I thought maybe there was a setting in BW that would eliminate the cells from merging that I was missing.

Regards,

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Actually getting the key merged with text data in the same data cell on export is kind of weird as I haven't experienced it yet. The only setting available in BEx is to avoid repeated data cells from displaying. What BI Version are you on? Have you tried raising an OSS ticket with SAP?

--Priya

Answers (0)