cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object self locked. Can't work anymore with the Portal !!

0 Kudos

Hello,

We have installed on Win 2000 the NW04 Portal environment. Everything was OK so far.

But yesterday, we made an upgrade with the latest windows update available and with the Stack 09 of the Portal J2EE Engine in order to implement the LDAP correctly. Since then, we got problems when accessing to any objects of the Portal (EP 6.0 SP 3 Stack7).

The object is self locking and we can't modify it, the object is in Read-Only Mode.

We do not find any information about this on the SapNet neither on SDN. Did you already encountered such a situation ? Is there a parameter that need to be change after the Windows update or J2EE Engine Upgrade? Could you help us ?

Thank you for your answer.

Marc.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

We had the same problem.

We could not create a page with iviews on it. Save did not work, because the newly objects were locked.

Trying to unlock the objects was not possible.

We created a customer message for it. The solution: SAP updated a file in our system (via SDM). Here is the reply from SAP:

"This is a known issue and this have been fixed in SP9. You can upgrade to SP9, to fix this.

Alternatively if you still want to remain in SP7, Please open the connection , i will modify one SDA file and re-deploy."

Regards,

Noel

0 Kudos

Hi Noel and Mike,

we are now busy to implement the Full Stack 9 on J2EE, EP and KM. The problem occured when we applied SP 9 on J2EE while EP and KM remains in SP7 Patch 2.

Thanks for your answer.

We keep you inform on the results.

Marc.

0 Kudos

Hello,

After having install the latest Patches, the problem of locking disappeared.

So as a matter of fact, do not upgrade J2EE from Stack 7 to stack 9 without upgrading EP to Stack 9 also.

Thank you all for your support and helpfull information.

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

You may reward us points if you are satisfied with the answers

Regards,

Noel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Moving EP to stack 9 resolved this issue. Let me know...

Cheers,

Mike

Message was edited by: Mike Yang

LOL... one of these days I'll get all the versions straight in my head... still wish SAP didn't make it so crazy...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to login into enterprise portal?

If yes, go to system administration --> Monitoring --> in the left side menu Object Locking.

Check do you see all the locked objects. If yes you can unlock the object here.

Hope this helps

arun

0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

It does not help, I am able to log in the Sap Portal but even the Administrator is not able to unlock the lock objects. The objects are unlocked automatically after a certain time, but if we want to reopen the object and change it. The lock appears again.

That's why I am a bit confused with such a situation and was wondering if somebody already got this strange situation.

Marc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you click the close button after changing an object, or do you merely navigate to another page ?

When you navigate to another page, an automatic popup should appear and unlock your object, but if you are using a popup blocker this window might be suppressed and the object would still be locked.

But then the admin should be able to unlock the iview from the page Arun mentions.

Btw. which Microsoft hotfix did you just install ?

0 Kudos

Hi Dagfinn,

I even do not have time to change the object. Just entering the object, the object set itself as Read-Only and the object is locked.

I know this is very strange, but ...

I am still searching but do not find anything anywhere.

I give you more feddback tomorrow, I will maybe create a ScreenCam.

Marc.