cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just upgraded my NWDS from 7.0.07 to 7.0.08. After the upgrade when I click Help->About everything is empty. Before I used to get the version and build etc. Also, everytime I start NWDS, I get the "completing the install" message rather than the NWDS start-up logo. Finally, the NWDS icon has now disappeared from the top left hand corner of the window and also on the task bar. Instead I've just got the standard windows exe icon which is just a white window. Anyone know why all this has happened?

Thanks,

Kunal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am alos having the same issue? I uninstalled and then did the installation. I am having the same issue like Kunal. Any suggestions pls....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's mandatory to deinstall the old version of NetWeaver DeveloperStudio before you install SP8. Please also be sure that the installation directory (normally C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70) is empty after deinstallation.

This will solve the problem.

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Actually that is exactly what I did. I totally uninstalled all NWDS components, then I deleted the IDE folder from C:\Program Files\SAP\ then I did the installation. But still my problem occured. Do you advise anything else? I'm thinking there maybe some unremoved files that are installed by the NWDS in C:\Windows? Do you think these maybe need to be removed manually? Other suggestions? Greatly appreciate all feedback.

Kunal.

Message was edited by: Kunal Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have SAP GUI installed in your system, try removing it and install it later after the NWDS installation is Okay.

If you find any files related to the NWDS under C:\Windows, remove then and reinstall. Whenever you uninstall NWDS, always use the 'complete' option.

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini,

So basically are you saying everytime I want to do a NWDS upgrade. I have to remove both SAP GUI and NWDS. Then do a fresh install of NWDS and then re-install SAP GUI??

Kunal.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Just to be clear, I have upgraded my NWDS from SP9 to SP11 to SP13 to SP15 and have never had to uninstall SAPgui.

REgards,

Rich Heilman