Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS Theme Editor - Enhancement proposals

raghuvirab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Theme Editor users,

Please use this thread exclusively to give your input on the following questions related to the Theme Editor in Netweaver Developer Studio:

- What is your experience working with the Theme Editor? How could user experience be improved?

- What are the pain points in the Theme Editor?

- What are the enhancements in Theme Editor that you think will benefit you the most?

Your input is highly appreciated!

You can download the theme editor from the following url.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/library/uuid/502e9e64-585e-2c10-b7b6-b3ba1214f06e

In the same page, there is a how-to guide which describes the usage of theme editor.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Recently, we have upgraded Portal from NW 7.01 SP6 to NW 7.02 SP7. Same time, ECC system also upgraded to EHP5.

Before this upgrade, we were using custom themes developed by us.

Now, after upgrade to this newer version, WDA applications developed on ECC EHP5 are not showing proper layout for tabs, buttons etc.

When I checked the details, it was due to the custom theme which was having the older version. I read many forums and OSS notes as well specifying that Portal ur version for theme has to be equal or greater than WD ur version.

Now, my question is, how can I upgrade my exsiting custom theme to match with the WD ur version?

I do not want to go for the recreation of the Portal theme becuase it was quite complex and it doesn't make sense to recreate again.

Your help would really be appreciated in this.

Thanks,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavik,

did you find any solution for your problem? We are facing exactly the same problem with EHP5! SAP told us to create a new theme with the SAP portal, but we do not have any portal for the current version, only an older one...

Our custom theme was very very much work, so we still want to use it. Switching off the WDLIGHTSPEED-parameter seems to help, but this is also not recommendet.

Themes appear more and more unusable...

Thanks for your answer,

Steffi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The theme editor works and i am able to generate a theme for WebDynpro but if i generate a theme for a portal i am not able to upload it and transport it in the portal. Could you give some tips on how to upload the gererated theme in the portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Theme editor is definitely a step forward but still need many improvements..

1. The problem i face while recently editing theme was to identify the corresponding component in theme from which particular portal component is mapped. e.g. While changing tabstrip background color, I made background color changes to tabstrip, Tab Container in Pattern Container and Horizontal navigation Pattern. Still the background color of tabs Browse and Search under Content Administration->Portal Content refused to comply!!

Even using IE tool bar didn't helped in identify correct theme component. Finally after some trials, I found Old BSP pages under Component specific styles did the trick!..Of course had to use portal theme editor for that..

2. NWDS theme editor is missing some areas of portal theme editor like Component specific styles, VC, Ajax FWK elements styles and Portal Outer frame. It would be great if we can change masthead and navigation styles from nwds editor.

3. Themes saved from NWDS editor are not uploadable to portal. Its ZIP misses the portal.zip part. Somehow I feel NWDS editor was designed more use for Webdynpro rather than Portal themes.

4. While uploading images, can't see the preview of currently uploaded image. Have to view it separately. It would be great addition if there's a facility of viewing current image in the 'URL of Image' placeholder in addition to browse button for uploading new one.

cheers~

avadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Avadh,

did you find any solution for point 3.) ?

I'm facing the same problem, portal.zip and its.zip are missing while exporting a theme for portal. I can copy them from another portal theme, but doing this destroys all my changes done in Eclipse Theme Editor.

The eclipse theme editor makes me want to tear my hair out!!!

Thanks & greets,

Steffi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Avadh,

I'm also curious if you had any answer on issue 3. We also have difficulties with our custom portal theme but we didn't manage to update it to a newer version after installing EHP4 because we can't export it to portal.

With kind regards,

Florence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would also like an easy way to change the images via the Theme Editor. Also, it's not very clear when something is an image. You need to find out you can't change it in the Theme Editor and then search for the image.

Regards,

Jeannine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Find the diff versions of theme editors and download it as per your requirement and plug it to NWDS.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/webcontent/uuid/151c9556-0e01-0010-dabc-8cb4191bd49...

Thanks,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

It is very good tool fro customizing the themes, we have a plug-ins to configure to NWDS.

Please make sure that version of NWDS and theme editor version. otherwise it will not open the SAP theme GUI in NWDS

Thanks,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

We are using the theme editor tool from NWDS to customize all the Webdynpro Applications themes and Portal themes. It is a very good tool and is very handy to use.

I used to have some constraints like changing the background color of popup, tabstrips and I see that is included in the new upgrade release.

I would like to see if we can add the feature to change the images through the theme editor tool. like example for loading.gif etc.... so that it would be easy to maintain.

Also, after the SAP upgrade of our systems to Netweaver 7.0 EHP1 the font sizes of the dropdowns of BSP applications are showing large. There is no options available in the themes to decrease the size... it would be nice if we get the feature for increase/decrease of Font size for UI elements individually instead of global font settings and making the default to standard.

Also, when I try to generate the themes for Portal using the theme editor tool it is creating a .zip file which is different than the one that portal is creating and when importing into Portal it is throwing exceptions.

Thanks,

Madhavi