cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC4.0 - cant see side panel after role config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to NWBC and have very basic idea about it.

I have created roles with 4 tcodes IW32, IW33, IW22, IW23 in 1 folder and with IW33 and IW23 as side panel in the Other Node details

For these side panels i also added the Application Alias as {TR=IW32}< launch Application - 'In Application Window/Tab'

Q1)

I cant see the Side panel. I can see my folder with all the transactions listed above but nothing with side panel.

I also tried to add a webpage www.sap.com as side panel with Application Alias as {TR=IW22}, but i cant see it as well.

Q2)

How to launch the side panel on a button click. E.G. In IW32, when i click a button, it should launch the side panel say notifications for that order (IW29)

Q3)

How to launch another transaction in same window as new tab, when i click a button in IW32 (and launch IL03 for the location in that order).

All these side panel or the new page within same window, should also work when i open the tocde directly by typing in the NWBC.

Kindly Suggest do i need to configure/develop something else ?

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What NWBC version? What AS ABAP version?

No additional configuration is required to enable the side panel. The side panel will become visible on the right side of the screen (you still need to expand it by pressing on the arrow icon) as long as the application alias assignment succeeds. For example in your case if you want to display www.sap.com in the side panel in transaction IW33, all it takes is to define the application alias {TR=IW33} for the web page defined as side panel (Node Option = Side Panel). See the application help and the attached screenshots for details. Notice that you may have to restart NWBC in order to see the changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for your reply.

Somehow it was not working earlier, I can see it now it in NWBC4.0. But not on the HTML version of NWBC using TCODE NWBC. For now i am not worried about the HTML version of it.

Can you also help me how to launch a new tab as well as side panel on click of a button in IW33,

Suppose i want to launch IL03 for the functional location associated with the notification on click of a custom button (in custom tab of IW33).

Regards,

Manish T

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need at least SAP NWBC ABAP runtime patch 31 to have side panels in NWBC for HTML, see SAP note 1353538 for details. Regarding your other question, you can trigger navigation from your custom button by calling methods URL_CONSTRUCT and URL_LAUNCH of ABAP class CL_NWBC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks again for your reply.

I am able to launch the URL using the CL_NWBC class and given methods.

Just to add on to that, is there any way i can find out that URL is opened, so that when the user click on the button again he will be directed the the already open url tab, instead of opening the same url tab again and again.

Eg. in IW38  i have added a button to launch a url with selected orders in parameters of URL. Using the above methods, i am able to lauch the URL on click of the button, but , if user clicks on the same button again, it is launching the new tab, i want to restrict it and divert the user to already open URL.

Kindly suggest.

Once again thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Manish T

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the URL is in any way different from the previous one, even if the application is same, it will be launched in a separate tab. That is the standard behavior.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update: Side Panels are not supported in case of NWBC for HTML, see this discussion thread for details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

The URL (external website) is same in both cases, (eg: www.yahoo.com), with same parameters. I am launching it with a custom button in IW38. But, everytime i click on the button, it opens a new tab. So, if i click the button 5 times, i have 5 google pages open in different tabs.

Is there any class/method (which i can use before URL_LAUNCH) by which we can get to know what are the URL tabs open along with its url or content?

Another point going around in my mind, somehow can we have session managements with session IDs in these NWBC tabs by which we can handle this?

Regards,

Manish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

I think, my query is now not related to this thread as it is answered by you. For my query related to restriction of tab and side panel launch on some action i have opened another thread

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Manish T