cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 2004s Bex Analyzer Variable screen Vs 3.X Bex Analyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In 3.X, if you select refresh for a workbook having multiple queries, then the function refreshes all queries and the system displays the variable screen for each query in the workbook.

In NW 2004s, if i have the same workbook and refreshing the workbook will display only one variable screen having all the variables all the queries are using.

This is good. <b>Except</b> <i>for refreshing workbook which is already having different "material number" in different queries.</i>

In this scenario how do we refresh the workbook and keep the material number different for the queries the workbook is using. The variable screen in NW 2004s will show only one variable "material number" and assigning a material number will change the workbook

<i>(Implies both the queries will be using same material number after refresh-hence unable to keep the workbook same)</i>

We are on <b>SPS 8/FEP 801.</b>

We applied the note <b>953402</b> (variables are displayed when you refresh all queries)

After applying the note we added ANALYZER-VARIABLE_REFRESH_3X=X in the RSADMIN table.

Still in NW 2004s, only one VARIABLE SCREEN is displayed will all the variables the query is using.

Please let me know if any information is available.

Thankyou,

-Sini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the opposite problem. I want a single variable screen to refresh all queries in my workbook. I have several sheets using the same query but with different key figure selections. In 3.5 this wouldn't be a problem as all queries would be refreshed automatically upon variable entry, but using the 3.x emulated Analyzer, this is not possible, not even applying the correction instructions in note 953402. Has anyone faced this and found a solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Melissa,

There should be a workbook setting, "Display variable values only once". Activate that and refresh your workbook.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can set the material number as a filter in the navigation block and not through the variable screen. That's the easiest thing to do in 2004s.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We applied to OSS NOTE # 953402 inorder to prompt the varaible like 3.X. This note did not do anything. Please advice if any other note is available or not.

Having a common or (one) variable screen is difficult to maintain. I had lot of problem trying to keep a workbook same as in 3.X. Diificult to perform workbook conversion.

Example:

I am performing workbook conversion. This workbook which I am trying to convert has multi queries.

In one query it shows material number starting with say for eg: BA, CB and no restriction is given for cal year/month and this query has plan version as mandatory variable. (NOTE: no hierarchy)

Other query has hierarchy for material number and the hierarchy shows material starting with BA01* and cal/year restricted to 01/2006 and 02/2006.

When I convert the workbook from 3.X to 2004s

1.) hierarchy drilldown icon disappears when I open the workbook in NW 2004s Analyzer

2.) Inorder to get the drilldown icon back I clicked on "refresh" which doesn't not work consistenly.

So I always click on "variable" icon and entered the values for the mandatory variable (plan version) and assigned hierarchy (XYZ).

3.) After executing it, both of my query shows hierarchy.

4.) I turned off hierarchy in one of query, set filter value for material number to BA, CB.....( NOTE: Inorder to turn off the hierarchy I have to first deactivate it and then refresh it to make it work.

NOTE: later I was unable to turn it ON.

5.) The other query has hierarchy orginally(before conversion) it has 3 level drilldown and after converting it just has only one level drilldown. ( I was not able to get the original one back. I was able to filter it my material number say BA01* and cal year.

RESULT: Unable to make the workbook indentical to 3.X. Conversion was not that succesfull.

NOTE:

1. The hierarchy activation/deactivation does not work properly.

2. For eg: Select filter value for material number, the text/key shows the expected value. But If I search for those values I do not get the result. The search on material with hierarchy does not seems to work properly.

Please let me know if you need any further details and also let me know if there any OSS Note available.

Thankyou,

-Sini