cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number range buffering for dimension tables (DIM IDs) and InfoObjects (SIDs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BW Experts,

How to check whether this number range buffering for dimension tables (DIM IDs) and InfoObjects (SIDs) is Active or not ??

can you please provide me this technical information where to go and check in the system ?

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use RSRV tcode-> elementary tests-> masterdate->Compare Number Range and Maximum SID.

Give your infoobject name n check the error.if you get any error click on correct error button.

Hope this helps

Assign points if useful

Regards,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur quick help. I have done this test and it's successful..no error message.

does it mean the number range buffering for this info object is activated ?

guide me in this....

thanks in advance.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You might want to look at this link..

/message/2470551#2470551 [original link is broken]

Regards

Manga

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lakshmi,

go to SNRO and see if it is switched on for your object..

otherwise run an ABAP trace during data load and see if table NRIV is being accessed a lot ( if a lot of accesses happen , then number range buffer is not switched on )

Hope it helps..

Arun

Assign points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

After going to Tcode SNRO its asking for Object name ...we have given the object name and click Display..it is saying that please specify as existing number range object.

wat does it mean whether its activated or not ?

pleas guide me..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its not in active u have to create now.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will have to specify the number range for that object... through SNRO , this means that number range buffering is not active currently..

Arun

Assign points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur help guys. I have list of objects from Early Watch Report with the information " No info object is number range buffered".

First thing is i wanna know is there any info object in the BW system is set this number range buffered ??

or else in another way how can i know any info object status is active number range buffered ?

please help me out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Early Watch report lists these because of the large number of rows in the MD/Dim tables. Keep in mind though, that Number Range buffering will really only help if you continue to generate a large volume of new SIDs or Dim IDs with ongoing loads, e.g.

If your transactions being loaded to a cube result in several thousand new rows being added a Dim table, then it makes sense to turn on Number Range buffering for that Dim ID. But if the transaction volume is only cause a few hundred DIM IDs to be added, buffering will not really get you anything.