Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of rows in Record Working Time.

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

IN ESS- Record Working Time - the number of rows visible are set to 8 in the Web Dynpro Java Code.

I had a look at the Note:

Note 957741 - Few lines in the data entry grid of the timesheet webdynpro

The question I had is to have more than 8 rows visible, is it Java Code modification or any other alternative to change the number of Visible Row....

Please reply back asap.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Best Regards,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to the note you have to modify the standard Web Dynpro application. So the answer is yes, you have to change some Java code to increase the number of visible rows.

You can do this by following the procedure mentioned in the note so it should not be that difficult.

EDIT > or you can try to personalize the Web Dynpro table : open the personalization dialog by choosing Ctrl while simultaneously pressing the secondary mouse button while the cursor is over the table ([Personalization|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/42/ed3ce7f8593eebe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]). Check this wiki for an example : [ESS Personal Information UI enhancement without modification|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/ESSPersonalInformationUIenhancementwithoutmodification].

Regards,

Pierre

Edited by: Pierre DOMINIQUE on Jul 28, 2009 11:16 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

The number of rows visible in ESS-Time Recording can only be changed through "NWDI". This can be done by creating an ESS track on NWDI and importing the Track from NWDI to your "Development configuration" perspective of your NWDS. Then you can create a project from the track for your correspoding DC of the "Time Recording" and then make all the modifications that you want. Let us know, if you need more information about the customising ESS in NWDI.

I hope this information helps you.

Regards,

Gopal.

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pierre/Tulasi/Gopal,

Thanks for the reply.

Pierre that was a nice blog.

I am aware of the Java code modifications and NWDI, I was looking for an alternative to add more number of lines.

Thanks,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, thanks to you I found some really valuable information on the Wiki, so thank you too!

Regards,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pramod ,

I found your answered..

I have the same requirement in record working time to add more rows.

Note 957741 :is already implemented in java code.

I need that java code to add multiple rows.

Thanks and Regards.

Punit Pawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod

Up to Knowledge.It has to be done through java coding .

You can extract the application's source code using NWDI and then change the required display rows property and republish it

Thanks

Tulasi Palnati