cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Null pointer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

content administration --> content admin leads to a null pointer exception at TaxonomyRepositoryManager.getSupportedOptions

any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koduru,

I think your some indexing services are not working properly. Please go to the log file and check there will be some error like "Index Service is not running", this occurs due to WCMException. Please check the following link:

https://media.sdn.sap.com/html/submitted_docs/nw_kmc/javadoc/com/sapportals/wcm/class-use/WcmExcepti...

This shows the WCMexception. Check for the Packages:

<b>1) com.sapportals.wcm.service.indexmanagement

2) com.sapportals.wcm.service.indexmanagement.retrieval.classification

3) com.sapportals.wcm.service.indexmanagement.retrieval.search</b>

These are the packages related to the WCM Indexing Exepetion.

What you can do is, just restart the server and again try to navigate in portal. Restarting the server will resart all the services again, including WCM services. I wish it could solve your problem.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please consider rewarding points if Helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pravesh,

thankk you for the reply.

yes... I was gettign the error as you said "Index service not running"

restarted the server couple of times.. but no luck.

what could be the problem..any idea?

thank youo

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koduru,

Your Welcome!!

Dear, If you have restarted your system and still there is problem in navigation then there can 2 possibilities.

<b>1)</b> Either there is problem in browser you are using. Please try and switch to some other browser (Mozilla Firefox). Most of the time such kind of problem get solved by just changing the browser.

<b>2)</b> Or there is some installation/configuration problem of the portal. Try and have a look to that as well.

But, fisrt of all please try and switch to other browser. I hope this will solves your problem.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: <i>You must always reward points to the people helping you!!</i> Please consider rewarding points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koduru,

You should open an OSS note with SAP. They should be able to fix your problem. Switching the browser won't help you. Pravesh, you should solve his problem before you expects some points.

regards,

prakash

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koduru,

As Prakash is more experienced, than me, so may be he is correct. It may be the case that switching the browser may not help you. That was just an advice. Anyways as Prakash suggested please look to the OSS notes. May be that can help you.

Thanks Prakash for the advice but I generally reward atleast few points whether someone's solution helped me or not, as they are sparing out some time to atleast read my problem and trying to help me. Anyways I will take care of this next time.

Regards

Pravesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

raised an OSS message. let us see what happens