cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NT4.0 --> Active Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

We want to install the latest Enterprise Portal and use the integrated functionality to connect other SAP Systems like e.g. BW.

Unfortunately our system landscape is quite old:

Domaincontroller runs on NT 4.0

Exchange 5.5

R/3 4.6C

BW 3.0B

Are there any restrictions regarding the above mentioned system connectivity within the portal (e.g. issues about SSO) or any other restrictions caused by the fact that Active Directory has not been set up so far?

What would happen if we install the EP on the actual System Landscape and would go for AD later? What would we have to do in this case and how much would the effort be?

Your opinion is appreciated very much.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What server are you going to install it on?

From what you are saying, you want to do your authentication off of your Windows user name and password. Without AD up and running, I don't know if this is possible. You can put the users in the local data base, however that maybe a burden if you have a lot of users that are going to use the portal. Way too much typing.

As for connecting to your back end systems, that is just a matter of creating a system on the portal and point it to where you want. We are running 4.6C as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

Thanks for your reply.

We will use W2k3S as OS.

Can't we use the authentication of our NT 4.0 domain to use single sign on? We have a test installation as well on W2k3s, using the internal DB which you mention. But with this, sso is not possible, i guess...

Silvio

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that everything revolves around Fully Qualified Domain Names. And NT4 as you DC is not going to do this for you. Is there another way to do your LDAP or is everything on the NT box?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know how fqdn is involved, but yes, everything is on NT box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you tell the portal to authenticate to anything Microsoft it wants a FQDN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at this 3rd party, I have not used it but it may be able to give you an idea.

http://www.openldap.org/

Answers (0)