cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NPM Install fails in VS Code while developing CAP application

maich97
Explorer
0 Kudos

Tutorials: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/btp-app-create-cap-application.html
--------------------------

Dear Experts and iwona.hahn manjunath_ks

I am trying to develop a CAP application by following the above tutorial. I have already completed the prerequisite for the tutorial. I have installed SQLite as well.

In Step 1 - Create and initialize the project, when I am performing instruction 7 - npm install in VS Code, I am getting below error.

npm-install-error.png

Also I am attaching the detailed NPM error log for your reference.

npm-install-debug-error-log.txt

Could you please help me fixing the error.

Thanks,

Mainak

manjunath_ks1
Participant
0 Kudos

Related to the answer from Christian, have you configured your command line terminal for your corporate proxy? This will be different based on your infrastructure setup for example, setting environment variables in your path like HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chgeo
Employee
Employee

The issue seems to be the unable to get local issuer certificate error, for which there can be many causes (like a corporate proxy being in the way). I suggest to check out e.g. the Stack Overflow post on this.

maich97
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

Thanks so much, I could able to solve the problem for temporarily executing the below command in VS Code terminal.

export NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED=0

Thanks,
Mainak

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

maich97
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello manjunath_ks,

No, I haven't configured my terminal the way which you are saying, can you please share any document link to follow the steps and do the needful?

Thanks,

Mainak