cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification Mail for forums

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

We have got a requirement, where in once the user posts a new discussion in the forum section, a notification mail has to be triggered to that particular group mail ID. Can you people just suggest me how do I have to do this ???

Thanks in advance..

Regards

PP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

I am not sure of notifications for Forums but following are some settings which i had followed for notifications for tasks.

One has to configure the portal to a SMTP server.

This can be done in the portal

• Configure the email address

Go to System Administration -> System configuration -> Knowledge Management -> Global Services -> Advanced Options -> Notificator Service.

Edit under Orginators notificator.Email and enter a valid email address.

The above process will configure the email address.

Next, go to System Administration -> System configuration -> Knowledge Management -> Global Services -> Advanced Options -> Notificator Service.

Edit under Channels.Email and enter the valid Server type and server name.

This process will configure the Email Channel.

These changes will require the restart of the J2EE engine.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Akshay

Reward if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Priyanka,

You can add this group in the subscription list and set up Email channel for the collaboration rooms.

Configuration - Content Management - Utilities - Channel Originators -subscription_collaboration.EMAIL .

Regards

Ajey

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajeya,

Ofcourse I did the same way which you have said. I have duplicated the standard layoutset and changed my requirements and applied them. And in my iview properties I have mentioned the layoutset name, the new layoutset name. But the problem is the duplicated layoutset is defaultly applied to the KM content too..Now how would I change the layoutset for the KM content itself, coz I cant see the option details-->settings, since the layoutset for my KM content is now the same layoutset for my iviews..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajeya...one more clarification.. I have configured the layout set for the iviews according to the customer needs. Now once I set the layoutset for these particular iviews, this same layoutset is coming default for the KM content .. I mean this layoutset whch i have configured is applied to the root folder under KM content.. Now I cant see the settings option under details when I navigate to KM content.. How can I set the layoutset only for the necessary folders under documents so tht it doesnt get applied to the whole KM content ..?

Kindly Suggest.

Regards

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priyanka,

Please dont change any layout sets from root folder....If you would like to change any layout sets easiest way to do this is go to details-settings-Presentation-change it to the layout set you require.

If you have any specific layout requirements copy\duplicate a existing one (save it with your namespace)make the changes and apply.

Regards

Ajey

Pls award points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ajeya I m using discussion group layout set for the forums.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well to set up subscriptions on a discussion group.

Please go to Content adminstration-KM content-Discussion Groups-Navigate to your discussion group.(Now click on the folder-Details-Settings -subscriptions-Add your group -set the frequecny as every event.

Hope this helps.

ajey

Pls reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priyanka

Navigate to System Administration-system configuration-Knowledge Management

- Content Management - Utilities - Channel Originators -subscription_collaboration.EMAIL.set the appropriate email id.

However this id as you said will be used for all the susbscriptive collaboration activities.

Regards

Ajeya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajey,

I came to understand that channel originators are the sender names that appear in the message headers of those notifications. But how do I configure my service(i.e when some one posts a discussion in tht discussion group) such that it sends notifications? And where do I specify channel originators, such tht the notification understand tht it has to pick up the mail address from the channel originators.

Regards

PP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ajey..

Could you be more elaborative, as I m new to this techonology. Where can I find these subscription lists.. And in subscription lists, do I need to add the group mail ID??? And in subscription_colloboration.EMAIL channel originator which you are talkin about has again the option of notificator originator address where again I have to give this group mail ID address... It sounds confusing.. PLEASE kindly can u explain me the process and how exactly it works in order to meet my requirement.. And I will tell u my requirement also once again. Theres one discussion group called BI. If some person posts a discussion onto this grp a mail has to be triggered to BI_group@mycompany.com. This mail ID is a group ID which consists of all people under BI.

Pleaseee kindly help..

Regards

PP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priyanka,

Just to understand it a bit more are you using the discussion groups within a collaboration room.

Regards

Ajeya