cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 1325124 - Migration: Syntax error in start routine Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this note, I did not see any support package mentioned for BI 7.3 Version but I see for BI 7.0, BI7.01, BI &.02.

Could you please let me what is the Support Package for BI 7.03 version to fix the below error. 

Below is the Start Routine error I am getting:

E: For PERFORM or CALL FUNCTION "ROUTINE_9998", the actual parameter "SOURCE_PACKAGE" is not compatible with the formal parameter "DATA_PACKAGE".

Appreciate you help on this!

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jagadeesh_mandepudi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Seems to be issue because of you are migrating standard update and transfer rules to transformations so old ABAP code will not support so we need to repalce TRAN_STRUCTURE with SOUCRE_PACKAGE etc so please do teh changes in code and activate.

Jagadeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

Thanks for your response!

1. Initially I was getting below error in SOURCE_ROUTINE:

E: For PERFORM or CALL FUNCTION "ROUTINE_9998", the actual parameter "SOURCE_PACKAGE" is not compatible with the formal parameter "DATA_PACKAGE".

This was because SOURCE_PACKAGE  Type_ty_s_SC_1 did not have field 'RECORD where as Data_Package Type _ty_s_sc_1_full had it.

• To fix this I made_ty_s_sc_1_full in sync with _ty_s_SC_1

2. Then in the End Routine , I was getting an error:

E:No component exists with the name "RECORD", but there is a

component with a similar name "RECORDMODE".

• To fix this I commented "Record" in the endroutine. 

So in SOURCE_ROUTINE & END_ROUTINE there were no Syntax errors.

When I tried to activate the Transformation , the generated Program GP_ERR_RSTRAN_MASTER_TMPL throws an Syntax error.

When I look into the structure _ty_s_SC_1 in this program surprisingly I see RECORD field where the Source Routine _ty_s_SC_1 does not have this field.

I am not understanding , how to fix this issue.

Regards,

Daniel