cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not enable users to drilldown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

can you pls tell me if there is a way to unable users to drilldown for a specific characteristic?

Regards

SP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sancho,

If this a 3.5 BEx environment, you can use VBA in the SAPBEXonRefresh procedure to check the drill down state of the characteristic in question. If the item has been 'drilled down' then you can change that state dynamically to remove it from the report.

Try this VBA code.

Sub SAPBEXonRefresh(queryID As String, resultArea As Range)

Dim myRange As Range
Set myRange = Range("B6") 

<b><i>' B6 is the right click cell for your characteristic in question</i></b>

If Run("SAPBEX.XLA!SAPBEXgetDrillState", 0, myRange) <> 0 Then
Run "SAPBEX.XLA!SAPBEXsetDrillState", 0, myRange
End If

End Sub

Thanks,

Larry

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189638
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Open the query in Query Designer and click on the <b>Table Display</b> button.

save the query and execute it

but by doing this user won't be able to drill down on any of the <b>characteristics</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this only in the Web template. You have the option for the "Navigationblock" . Check the ' Web Item' for "Navigationblock". Click the "List of Characteristics" option where you can enter the required characteristics which you want the users to drilldown.

<Reminder for points removed>

Regardsa

Mahendra

Message was edited by: Moderator

As this is marked as a question, points can definitely be assigned. The reminder for points is not appropriate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

unfortunately i dont use a web template

Former Member
0 Kudos

remove the Characteristic from the "Free Characteristic" area. I am not getting the requirement. IF you don't want the user to drilldown a particular characteristic then why you want to provide it in the query? Please explain you're requirement.

regards

Mahendra