cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to start Lifecycle Management in HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to start the LCM in HANA(REV 60) it is not starting. i dont see any error in lmtp.log but i see the below in lmtp.trace]

2013 08 23 10:58:38#0-400#ERROR#org.eclipse.equinox.ds##anonymous#com.sap.core.js.logging.bridge.OSGILogListener@cae1393###Exception occurred while creating new instance of component Component[

name = mbeanmanager

factory = null

autoenable = true

immediate = true

implementation = com.sap.core.js.monitoring.MBeanManager

state = Unsatisfied

properties =

serviceFactory = false

serviceInterface = [com.sap.core.js.monitoring.MBeanManager]

references = null

located in bundle = com.sap.core.js.monitoring_0.9.8 [21]

]

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/jvm/monitor/vm/VmInfo

at com.sap.core.js.monitoring.sapjvm.VmInfoFactory.getVmMemoryInfo(VmInfoFactory.java:16)

at com.sap.core.js.monitoring.sapjvm.SAPJVMMetricsHelper.checkVMGcMethod(SAPJVMMetricsHelper.java:72)

at com.sap.core.js.monitoring.sapjvm.SAPJVMMetricsHelper.<init>(SAPJVMMetricsHelper.java:43)

at com.sap.core.js.monitoring.sapjvm.SAPJVMMetrics.<init>(SAPJVMMetrics.java:54)

at com.sap.core.js.monitoring.MBeansFactory.<init>(MBeansFactory.java:18)

at com.sap.core.js.monitoring.MBeanManager.<init>(MBeanManager.java:26)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor12.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)

anybody faced this issue before? please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,Durairaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying to start it with HANA studio or command line?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to start via HANA Studio....

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please try to start it with command line and check if same error comes there as well?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the same error when i do sum.sh at the OS level. It was working fine after i installed HLM and was able to see the new HLM screen.

The one change i did was to update the reinstall the hostagent and update it to the latest level with the help of HP on all the blades and installed SMD agents. This is the only change after installed HLM.

Not sure if that can be an issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Durairaj

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please confirm if you have performed all steps to upgrade SUM to HLM as per SAP note 1836498? Please make sure that you have met these prerequisite for HLM.

Important: SAP HANA lifecycle manager requires the following minimal versions:

libssh2-1 library

SAP Host Agent version 7.20.153 and higher

SAP Hana studio version 60 and higher

SUM for SAP HANA SP05 patch 7 and higher

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny. I assumped we were at higher level but then when i checked some of the blades has saphostagent lesser version after our vendor did the maintenance. i updated it now and HLM is working fine now.

But i am not sure about libssh2-1 library and what it is functionality. but i don't see it on our system rather i see a similar file

libssh2.so.1.0.0

does this mean the library is installed?

Thanks a lot.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This library file is required for SSH2. You can install it with root user and below command:

zipper refresh

zypper install libssh2-1

Thanks

Sunny

former_member261965
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I had the same issue , even all the compenent metioned in NOTE1836498 was applied.

I tried generate_sha_certificate.sh then HLM was able to start up.

Check if HLM is up:

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bryan,

It seems that your HLM is already running. Please check with command ps -ef | grep service name and identify the porcess ID and kill it.

After that start it again.

Regards,

Pavan Gunda

former_member261965
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Yes, I ran  generate_sha_certificate.sh to generate the certificate, then my HLM was able to start up. Thanks Pavan.