Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to set default Portal theme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eportal experts,

I actually have 2 issues:

1) i usually choose set defaut theme after i have edited my theme and it applies to all the users logging into the portal.

But the current portal i am working for a project, i followed the same procedure: edited the theme, saved it and set default but to my surprise it did not got applied to the portal. and moreover even the default themes like chrome, tradeshow is not getting applied.

Is it something related to flaw in internal configuration as same thing is getting applied in other portals. Please advice. i tried aplying rules but to no avail.

2) for the same problem someone adviced me to make a new framework page and then new portal desktop and then apply rules, but the framework page i am copying to my folder is not allowing me to edit it, its saying READ-ONLY.

Any solutions/ advices on the same would be hugely appreciated. kindly revert in case of anything is confusing

Thanks,

Rohan Malik

Edited by: Michael Nicholls on Feb 26, 2009 5:43 AM

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you are setting the default theme on the correct desktop. Which desktop are you using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I am using tyhe default desktop of portal...

the path is:

System Admin>> Portal Display >> Desktop and Disply rules >> portal content (folder) >> Content provided by SAP >> End User Content >> Standard portal users >> Default portal desktop.

I have also asigned my theme to this default desktop and then set default.

Please assist.

Rohan

former_member193769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with other theme.

May be problem in theme.

Thanking You,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopala,

As i said.. this problem is being observed in every theme i apply... be it my custom theme or SAP defined themes like tradeshow, chrome, high contrast..nothing is getting set as default. the same themes are being applied successfully in other portals except which i am working on.

Regards,

Rohan

former_member193769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the other portal version same as the one which is having error?

Check the write protect mode status for this portal.

Try one thing apply your current theme and then re-start the server and check.

Thanking You,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure there isn't a master rule that is being used to apply a different desktop. Try right clicking in the masthead and view the source - look for "strange" PCD paths.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure there isn't a master rule that is being used to apply a different desktop. Try right clicking in the masthead and view the source - look for "strange" PCD paths.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

actually the default path of the portal desktop it was taking was having some other path then my desktop..it was taking default desktop of portal content >> PORTAL USERS >> Standard portal user >> defualt desktop... as compared to the path given above in the post...

Regards

Rohan