Not able to search for workflows related to abap class with transact. SWI6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

For a specific workprocess we developed our own abap class. Normally

with SWI6, you can search for workflows related to a specific instance

of a ABAP class or BO with a object key. In our case however we are not

able to fill in a object key because there is no container element wich we

can choose. Does anybody have experience with this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Turns out that for this class no specific attribute key was assigned, instead,

the programmer used the GUID, wich you can't use in the SWI6 transaction. Thanks for your feedback.

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It sounds like you have not defined in the key attributes for your business class. For starters, does it implement if_workflow? This is the first requirement for it to be used in workflow, so I assume it does.

In your attributes, you have to designate at least one public attribute as a key.

Make sure your key is correctly set up, regenerate the class and SWI6 should work.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Mike

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't understand quite what your problem is. A good start would be if you told us why there is no container element to choose, or indeed where you have this problem. Transaction SWI6 doesn't require you to select a container element (at least not in our system).

Is your problem that there is no container element in the workflow, or at least not a container element for your class? In that case I think you are stuck, you just have to select all the work items, unless there are related data in the container you can use in a filter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this happening for all Business Object also. Please check may be ur ABAP Class is not properly defined. Please check again.