cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to import tables Metadata from Database via JDBC Rcv CC

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured the JDBC Receiver communication channel to fetch tables metadata from Teradata Database.

The JDBC Receiver CC contains all the required parameters:

i)  JDBC Driver

ii) Connection

iii) User Id

iv) Password

Issue: when I am trying to import the table metadata in external definition(ESR) via JDBC Rcv channel, then I am not able to see my expected table to import it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

The above requirement is solved now, we were getting Views from the database instead of original tables. JDBC Lookup has the limitation, it can import only tables not VIEWS.

I have manually created the dbtab structure and saved it with extension .xsd.

I have imported it in PI via External Definition and it is working fine now.

Thanks to all of you for your fruitful suggestions.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>Issue: when I am trying to import the table metadata in external definition(ESR) via JDBC Rcv channel, then I am not able to see my expected table to import it.

How many schemas are there in ur DB? Sometime it happens that DB contains multiple schemas and the user defined in the channel doesn’t have sufficient authz to search table from all the schemas?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

yes, DB has many schemas but we are using the same schema and user id to import the table metadata for different system - Webmethod also and they are able to import the tables.

It means, I am using the correct schema. One thing I noticed that we are using table views to import the table metadata. Could it be one of the reason? but again I am able to import some of the views in PI.

Please suggest, what I am missing..

xavisanse
Active Participant
0 Kudos

has you deployed the jdbc driver? http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1138877

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Did you check the below blog?

regards,

Harish

0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

yes, i am following the same steps given into the blog. But i am able to see some table/views but not all the required tables. What configuration setting i am missing while connecting with Teradata Database? Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to view the tables using an external tool like Toad (Toad for SQL/TOAD for Oracle).

If yes, please try using the schema_name.table_name when you try to import in SAP PI(Table import step).

How to find schema name. The following discussion can help.

How to know database name and schema name | Oracle Community

Thanks,

Sudhansu

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

we import tables in External definition but there we are giving the channel to import table definition.

I tried to change this with required schemaName and Table name in connection detail  - database=schemaName.TableName, channel was giving error..

Please suggest if I am missing any steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please publish the error. Is it feasible for you to check if you can view the tables using a third party tool ?

Thanks,

Sudhansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your receiver channel status in RWB>channel monitoring to see if the call is successful.

0 Kudos

Hi Ramkumar,

Channel is in green status and all the parameters are correct. I am able to see some tables/views but not all that i required.

When i discussed with Teradata person, he was saying, we are using Views to import the table metadata instead of original table.

Challenge: i am able to see some table/views but not all the required tables. What configuration setting i am missing while connecting with Teradata Database? Please suggest.