cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Cumulative KF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have 2 non-cumulative key figures in one of my cubes and I have to bring that cube into a multi-provider. My knowledge tells me that I should not create a multi - provider on more than one non-cumulative key figures. Can someone provide me with a solution.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will write queries both the cube alone as well as the multi provider. When I created a query on the cube first , it is showing me a sum of the stock , instead of last value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should then be able to change the properties of the key figure. Change the exception aggregation and use the "Last Value".

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have only one cube with 2 non-cumulative key figures .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

this means your problem is somewhere else.

And these are a lot options.

lets start:

(1)

Does the Query displays correct values, then you restrict the key figures to the InfoCube with the non cumulative values?

OR If you create a Query on the stock InfoCube itself.

(2)

do you know what the MultiProvider can only handle union-join?

Kind rg.

Michael

ps. Please assign points, if the answer is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Could you please elaborate on the steps that I need to adopt .

Thanks

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

I think the guideline is that you should not use more than one InfoCube (that may have a non-cumulative KF), but if you have 2 non-cumulative KFs in the same InfoCube, and you are going to use it in the multiprovider, this should not be a problem. Best would be to just try it out.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HMichael Hoerisch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

did I understand it right. You have just ONE InfoCube with non-cumulative key-figures?

If yes. It should not be an problem to use this InfoProvider in a MultiProvider.

The problem should be somewhere else.

Kind reg.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please explain that:

You mean in my Info Object Definition . I should choose 'Last Value ' instead of 'Sum '.

Is that right ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI!!

It is not advisable to use many no. of Non-cumulative KF's. So try to make it to one and then try to load it to ur Multi provide... But before that check the data once..

If possible try to compress the KF.

Regards-

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ideas !!!!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to restrict your non-cum. key figures with a constant selection on specified InfoProvider

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact, that is a problem, not being solved by compression.

Using several non-cumulative kf's might bring you wrong values, espacially if they are heterogenous.

The only advice I can give you is to try it out and check the results in detail. It may help, if you define your non-cumulative kf's restricted on the basis InfoProvider in your query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!

if your InfoCube has a non-cumulative key figure, there is a hard check to ensure all requests are compressed before u use it.. Because it creates a lot of performance issues.

Regards-

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

No , I did not compress . I read about "non-cumulative management with normal KF" , it seems if i use this then i can use the info cube without restriction in a multi cube. if anyone has worked on this could you please guide me.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI!!

Did ur non- cumulative KF's Compressed in ur Data target..?

Regards-

MM