cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No WF triggered eventhough multiple WF's are linked to the same event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the event STATUS_CHANGED of an object for multiple workflows. In DEV and QA, all these workflows were triggered when the status was changed. But in PRD, none of the workflows are getting triggered. When I checked the event trace, it seems that only one receiver type is green in color and there the receiver type becomes null. So, when I check the workflow log, no workflows are triggered.

When I checked the SWEL transaction, it is showing an error in the Check Function Module for the event linkage for some events. But it is the same in DEV, QA and PRD. And, in both DEV and QA, it is working fine eventhough it shows error in the Check Function module.

I checked the Event Queue as well and there is nothing in the queue. (This particular workflow was triggered a month back.) I don't get why it happens so in production. Because, in DEV and QA, this worked fine. Please help me on this.

Warm Regards,

Jubish Jacob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What are your settings in SWEQADM? It could be that your linkage is set up to be disabled if there i a problem, which is a good thing. Look in SWEL to see when it was last successful. You should investigate why the error happened in the first place. Double-click the relevant entries in SWEL. It's often due to a mandatory parameter not being passed. Does your workflow have a start condition?

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SWEQADM settings are the same in both the systems. The linkage is not getting disabled for any of the workflows. It is that there is an error shown in the SWEL. But that is shown in all the 3 systems (DEV, QA and PRD)

I went to the event linkage transaction (SWETYPV) and looked in to the Check Function Module. But don't know to pinpoint the error from there.

My workflow has a start condition and even that are same in all the 3 systems.

Another point. The triggering doesnot happen for only some users. I got this information just now.

Warm Regards,

Jubish Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess there is everything okay with your work flow part....

you just need to check for the data maintained in PRD.

is data maintained there for which parameters you are passing in to your workflow..

debug your methods carefully once..there must be some data missing in PRD.

Regards,

HiM

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If something only happens for some users then that usually means authorzation problems, though I don't see how that could be the problem here.

As I said, check for missing parameters in the event. What does the error say?

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was checking on the parameters passed in to the method through event binding. But, when I checked, the event binding in DEV and PRD are the same.

Is there any chance that the events will go in queue eventhough we haven't checked the event queing in types linkage? And, if it goes in the queue, how and when will the queue be executed?

Warm Regards,

Jubish Jacob

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It's not about the definition of the binding, it's about the actual values being passed.

Any more information on that error message?

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requested for debug authorisation in production server. Waiting for that as I can't check any logs since the workflow is not at all triggered. Any other way to find this out than debugging?

Warm Regards,

Jubish Jacob

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Jubish,

I doubt there might be some missing authorizations to those users for whom the workflow is not geting triggered.

Why don't you just check txn SU53 to know what is missing. IF you do not find any info then try to simulate the same kind of parameters are configured to one of the user in the dev and execute SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT function module by this atleast you will be able to come to know what is missing.

Try to compare the roles for whom the workflow is getting triggered and for whom the WF is not.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding the authorisation issue... I told the client to either sent me a screenshot of SU53 or do share me the role of the users concerned. Waiting for that.

Warm Regards,

Jubish Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you. That was an authorisation issue.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the follow-up. Do you have any more details, eg which authorization object?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sudhahar_ramachandran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check if the workflow event linkage is active. it seems the said workflow definition is deactivated because of some error that's why you are not getting the other workflows and queue entries.

Hope this helps.

with regards,

Sudhahar R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the scenario again with the user having "SAP_ALL" in the profile.

If its working fine with this user in the sense we can conclude that definitely this would be a Authorization issue only.

Regards,

Ragavendran K