cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No folder/prefix found after integrating a Win System in KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I like to make documents saved in window file system available in KM. I use EP6 SPS12 on W2K. My idea was using a CM repository with fsdb accessing a mounted share. I checked the online help for this and went through the following steps:

- made the documents of the w2k filesystem as share available (W2K)

- configured the servlet engine user rights

- created a network path

- created a Windows System (in KM Landscape definition)

- created a KM Windows System in the Portal System Landscape (for user mapping)

- finally created a CM repository manager (with w2k security manager)

After this steps I found not the given prefix (/xyz ) in the KM Content explorer iView. I do not know why. I tried it a several times with an AclSecurityManager too.

I know the root directory should be the same like in network path. There are a lot of possibilities where mistakes are possible.

Do someone know which mistakes maybe responsible that the prefix is not viewed under the KM content root folder?

Do you have an idea where I could check what is going wrong?

Thanks for every response

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in System Administrator\Monitoring\Knowledge Management\Component Monitor then choose Repository Manager.

Here, you will see your repository with an error message.

This information help you to find the problem.

Patricio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patricio,

thanks for this great hint. (Why I didn't found it myself?)

Ok, looks like a ...\versions folder for the Root Directory for versions is mandatory, isn't it? I don't like to use versioning. The user has no write acess to create a folder here. Maybe this is the main problem. Can't I get around this? Some other mapped users will have access on it but I believe not my acess user of the configured network path (share). Here I believe I will get some problems with our security people. But looks like this (domain)user needs full access, right?

Regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexander,

if you want to work using versioning, you must create this directory, it is mandatory. But this directory is used by the system. The end-user never access.

If you don't want to work with this property, uncheck:

Auto Versioning

Preserve Version Histories

Remember, check active and not check Hide in Root Folder properties.

In your network path, use an user with full control permission in order to access your Windows file system.

After that, when you see your repository from Portal, give access permission to the other users.

Patricio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The "version" folder is needed to matter whether versioning is actually used (despite it's name, it is also used for other internal operations, like holding temporary files).

Best regards, Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

sorry for my delay. Thanks for your quick help. There were some problems I found with the root and versions folder. Finally I couldn't go around because I just have no user with full access. But I'm sure it will work if I get someone.

I done a test on the portal server and shared there a test folder and used the admin with full access but got always same error (nvalid root/versions folder). A second test with on another share using my personal folder on one of our file system I could successfully create a working CM File System Repository using W2k security manager and fsdb. I believe there is another problem with the portal server (the error message in component monitor showed one time a invalid IP adress instead of the FQDN). I will try it a second time maybe with a share on my laptop to be sure it is still special problem on the portal server.

Regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexander,

I show you an example, this example works fine.

In component monitor, do you have any error message ?

Description : comunidades ACT

Prefix (must start with /) * :/comunidadesACT

Persistence Mode * :fsdb

Repository ID in Database * :comunidadesACT

Root Directory :
sdbuetbwss01\ACT comunidades SAP

Root Directory for Versions :
sdbuetbwss01\ACT comunidades SAP\VER

Repository Services

Name

accessstatistic

comment

discussion

feedback

layout

personalnote

properties

rating

Property Search Manager :com.sapportals.wcm.repository.manager.cm.CmPropertySearchManager

Security Manager : AclSecurityManager

ACL Manager Cache: ca_rsrc_acl

Windows Landscape System :
sdbuetbwss01\ACT comunidades SAP

Cache: ca_cm

Cache for small content (<32KB) : not set

Patricio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patricio,

thanks for your example. The component monitor shows an invalid root\version folder. I'm sure the folders are correct and the root folder is same like given in network path. An invalid root\versions folder does not mean automaticly a mistake in the path/share name I learned. This can be a mistake by missing access rights by the user defined in the mounted network path. I tried a workaround for my company file system because of security. I got an user having full access to a versions folder in the file system but not the other folders. Looks like this is not enought.

I understand the security risk named by our system admins because the portal admin is able to view into the content of the file system holding secret company and personal data from the employees with a full access user. This access must be restricted to few persons.

I thought the repository manager likes to write only some informations in the versions folder and not into the root folder. Looks like this is not the case.

Regards

Alex