cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a report that shows '0.00' for a key figure that contains no data. This is very misleading as it shows this keyfigure is having a value instead of no value.

Please could you advise how to address this situation? Does BEx have feature to address this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Adette

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

hi Adette,

try check RSCUSTV for 'does not exist' = 0 ?

also in query properties there is 'suppress' setting.

hope this helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<i><b>If the requirement is to detect blank and show blank</b></i>, you can try to create a structure and add the corresponding chars OR kf's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go to Query Properties, Display tab, you can select "Suppress zeros". So if the cube has no value (only has zeros), the report will suppress it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I'm afraid there has been a miscommuncation.

The requirement is to detect blank and show blank. Nothing else. I have searched the entire SDN forum.

Its almost sad to conclude that there is no way to detect and show blank when it is blank. That is to show the truth.

RScustv4 does not work for 'does not exist' also. I put blank for this field and yet 0 is shown for columns that are suppose to have no data.

Pls could someone kindly help clarify that this setting only works if ALL kf columns of a record are '0'? Does it work if not all columns are '0'?

There has been questions about how to show 0 for blank but no answers for the otherway round.

Pls could experts here pls help me confirm if this is possible at all and is there any clarification you need to better understand my doubt.

Regards,

Adette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adette,

A Workbook with some VBA code will definitely do the trick.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

Again, I see this won't work for the reason that a VBA is not able to tell the difference between data exist and data does not exist for 1 of the kf columns of a record where other columns can have data.

When there is no record existing, a row which has structure elements that are restricted to characteristic values that are keys in the cube will still show 0 even when there is no such record.

So, even if VBA is used, it will most likely only be a all-or-nothing kind of thing. It will not be able to tell if there is data or not. It will just replace 0 with blank. This does not address the requirement which is to be able to tell the difference.

Pls let me know if clarification is required to help find a solution for this problem. Thanks.