cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data to retrieve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giants

i'm facing an issue to refresh some reports with some users accounts here is the situation;

1 i have one account when i refresh data of some reports it pulls me the results

2 i have other account when i do , it gives me "no data to retrieve"

so i believe it is something related to permission, can you please point me where can i give the users this permission?

Thanks

Zakaria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

michael_melters
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Provided that you are on version 4.0, some user accounts may have a row restriction applied in a Data Security Profile and there in the row tab. Please check that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I resolved the issue , what i did mention is that i'm  running SAP BO with BMC Remedy ITSM solution,as Michael mentioned i tried to go through the SQL query generated , i found that it contacts a form in BMC Remedy ITSM to get the permission, so when those users don't exits in this form, it returns no value then i got no data to retrieve.once i add them everything is ok

this discussion is going to lead me to ask many question

1) Is the Security Editor available  in 3.0 ? what are the permission that i can give for users?

2)  when you say

• BO Logon is passed through to the database and security was defined on database level

i think that BO logon is used just to access the BO application,then the BO application manages to access to the DB, i don't see how you say "security was defined on DB"!!!

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

it could be authorization-relevant infoobjects, where your second user isn't permitted to see that object / row . that's DB ssecurity.

or, it could be security defined in the universe (security editor) where you have row-level security profiles (similar concept, different tier of architecture)

Regards,
H

michael_melters
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
  • What version are you on?
  • Is the report based on

- Universe or native connectivity (CR only)

- Relational or OLAP Data Source, BW?

If it is based on a universe open  the document in modify mode, check if you can see a database script and check

the script generated. Maybe the script is personalized and there is a where clause which restricts the data to something like a specific cost center, sales organization, employee's name ...

If so, the restriction (personalization) most probably is defined an object in the universe. But it also could come from:

• BO Logon is passed through to the database and security was defined on database level.
  • This is a property of the connection used and then s
  • Depending on the version you are on security could have been applied in the universe with Security Editor (information design tool or in "View, Modify  Security settings ..."(universe designer).

In order to find out where the restriction comes from you can

• search for a part of the where clause in your universe design tool
  • remove objects from a copy of that query so that the restricting clause is still there but with a minimum of objects in the result object pane.
michael_melters
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What type of report is it? Crystal Report or WebIntelligence?

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is webintelligence reports

michael_melters
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

1) Security editor

In 3.0 you can do the same. It is in (universe) Designer -> Tools -> Manage Security ->Manage Access Restrictions

2) Logon pass through to database or Security on datalevel level

This is a property of the connection the universe uses. You logon in BO and that credential is used to logon against the database:

michael_melters
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

1. Yes in 3. you can do the same. it is in tools -> Manage Security

2. To pass the logon through to database, when security on database level has been applied, the connection the universe uses must be defined like this: