cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data retrieved from a field in a SAP Structure

eduardo_gironas
Participant
0 Kudos

A C# pgm using SAP Proxy (SNC 2.0) invokes a Remote function in SAP to retrieve data from a SAP Structure defined as parameter in such a function. It works well.

Today, using trn SE11, I included a new field in the middle of the SAP structure, I re-generated the SAP Proxy to include the new field and I invoked the function. It retrieved all original info except the info of the new field I included. This field shows but is empty, however it should contain data. When I use trn SE37 and run the function in SAP, it shows me information in this field.

I made a new program, generated a new SAP Proxy, invoked the function again but, with the same results.

I exhausted all my possibilities to find the cause of this problem.

I would like to receive some guidelines about this matter.

Hope I made a good explanation of the problem.

Very best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend to turn on Abap-debugging and "step-into" the RFC functions to see if data really flows back.

Turning on RFC-trace could also help, because you should see in the trace the data that is really transported via RFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo Gironas

Did you map the proxy field to the RFC parameter? You should create a new proxy field and map it like how you did for other parameters. Refresh the RFC in SAP Proxy.swsdl before you do all the above steps.

Hope you'll get it.

Regards

Alladi

eduardo_gironas
Participant
0 Kudos

There was the necessity to create a new parameter in he function, re-generated the Proxy and (in an accidentally and misterious way), the problem solved. I can retrieve the field I need now.

Thanks for your attention.

eduardo_gironas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alladi:

I made as you indicated without results. I also deleted the proxy and created again.

Even, I thought the problem would be language, I use SAP in Spanish and had some problems related to this, but it was not the case.

Finally I could solve this when, for necessity, I needed to create a new parameter and re-generate Proxy again (as always) and, it worked. I do not really know what was bad here, but ... I hope I will reproduce this in the future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo Gironas

That's great.

Alladi

Answers (0)