cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Applicable data with no column heading in analyser - sap integrated planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Can anyone suggest what "extended properties" we have to select in BEX planning query to display column heading allowing user to enter new lines

even if there is no data in planning cube based on query filter.

Currently for all fields in rows - i selected "posted values" in extended properties. When i run query, i dont even see the column names

It just displays "TABLE" below that it displays "No Applicable data Found".

I tried loading dummy records with some value in the key figure which is not there in aggregation level. It didnot work for me with these dummy records.

Is there any other way to display "column names and new lines" when there is no data in cube in bex analyser for planning.

Thanks and Regards,

Manasa. S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

driveblue
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Mansa,

We have experienced a similar problem with "No applicable data found".

To get a blank input line even when there is no posted data we use a characteristic e.g. Company Code, which has been restricted to a small number of values (less than 5) in the query filter. We then add this characteristic (company code) to the row section of the query at the top of the list, then we set the advanced properies as follows for the company code characteristic:

Access type for result values = master data

Filter value selection during query execution = Values in master data table

When the query is set to input ready a 'sub-total' row will appear with the company codes, as restrcted in the filter. An input ready will appear below this line.

However it will mean that the end-user has to enter the company code on each input row.

We use a characteristic that has been restricted to a small number of values to reduce impact on performance when returning the query.

p.s. Check the zero suppression settings for the query properties as this can also cause problems with displaying data.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thank You so much for the reply. I tried the same and it solved our issue. It worked.

This could be a minor thing but after fixing this we are asked to even remove that 'result' row above the input enabled row. I tried to look at the query properties but i didnot find anything related. Is there any way we can make this result rows not to be displayed to the user.

I suppressed the result rows for all fields in the rows but after changing extended properties for company code, this result row is displayed.

Thank You.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But you see the message no applicable data because your query is still not input ready. If it was input ready it will automatically show column headings and a input ready line below it. You don't need to have data in your cube to enable new lines. Even if your cube contains 0 records, but if your Bex query is proper, it will show you a new input enabled line with column headings.

Please check why your query is not yet input enabled, settings in query property to allow inputs, proper currency, unit handling etc. Start very simple and you can enable inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arunan,

Thank You for the reply.

When we do filter with the data present in the cube, then i see the new line entry and it allows to enter data for the unlocked periods. When saved all the data entered is getting saved back to the planning cube.

Let me look into the unit and currency fields, and other properties again and will update if it still doesn't show up column headings.

Thank You once again.

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

since you already found the extended setting, there are exactly two other ways - show "master data" or "char relationships".

Show master data is the easiest, but it will create all combinations for all chars sou are using in rows.

Char relationships limit te number of combinations but you need to have the right relationships defined.

If you do have relationships, you could also think about the function "create data according to char reationships".

Or you just work with "add new lines" then the users will see some new totally empty lines and can create the data records manually.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

Thank You for the reply

Since we don't have relationships defined, i selected "master data" for now but with this its taking forever for the query execution to complete. Am not sure how to make this work without impact on performance.

i have to somehow get the relationships defined in DSO and use this in characteristic relationships.

Thank You again.

Regards,

Manasa. S

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

to enhance performance you need to

limit the number of char in rows / columns to create less combinations and

limit the number of master data records read by using variables or fixed selections in query filter.

regards

Cornelia