cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New xP&A content & composites performance

JefB
Active Contributor

Hi SAP,

We've just installed all the newest SAP xP&A business content on SAP Analytics Cloud, and notice that a lot of optimized design stories & composites are now being used, with advanced scripting & new navigation menu's.

I wanted to raise a question (or concern) about startup performance of those stories, because each story seems to take +35 seconds to load, and I've been trying this after multiple browser refreshes.

When looking into the "Performance Optimization" function (using ctrl+a) and after further analysis it seems to me that:
- loading the story from url into browser -> adds +- 17 seconds
- loading the initialization script (new NavMenu loading only) -> adds +- 8 seconds
- loading the initialization script (other stuff) -> adds +- 5 seconds

When clicking in the navigation menu, this will open a new story each time, so this will be +35 seconds of front-end waiting time for the users each time they move to the next step/action in their process flow.

My question is: Is this the expected 'optimized' user experience?
And is this considered the 'best practice'? Or did I miss something?

Capture.PNG

View Entire Topic
Michael_Fox
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi JefB - thanks for the excitement in our latest xP&A content!  Short answer is "no", our expectation is not 35 seconds of overhead for each navigation to a new story, and I'm sorry if that is indeed your experience thus far.

The first time you open a story after installing from the content network, there will be an "Optimization" performed on the fly. But subsequent open operations for that story should be faster, assuming no changes made to the story in between.

After optimization is complete, I observe 12 seconds total load time today for the Marketing Budget Planning story, and 7 seconds total load time for Marketing Demand Planing story.

Feel free to drop me a private message if you would like to jump on a call and show me what you are observing on your end.

Thanks, Mike