Did you mean: 

new masthead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have followed the instructions to create a self and new masthead:

1.-> I have downloaded the component.

2.-> I have rename to a self name com.client.portal.masthead

3.-> I have create a par file.

4.-> I have deployed the component to the portal.

5.-> I have created a iview based on the par file.

When I try to preview dump a exception.

"iView : N/A

Component : N/A"

I have reading others similar logs and I have done the following:

- I have updated the portalapp.xml classname with my name but the error continue;

It seems there are two ways more:

1.-> add two jars.

Where can I download the complete jar files?

2.-> update autoschemes.xml

I think that is not necesary.

3.-> the last thing is watch the log files but when I try through SystemAdministration-Support appear a exception.

How can I wath the log files?

I think that crete new masthead is very common task if someone have could create the masthead I would be very grateful if give me the taks that have followed.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

> Where can I download the complete jar files?

If you've used the .par.bak, they are inside, but are not integrated if you've created a new portal component from PAR through NWDS (it's a NWDS bug). So open the original PAR (it's a ZIP) and manually put the JARs into the lib or private/lib directory, correspondingly.

> How can I wath the log files

Through VisualAdmin / LogViewer Service, or through LogViewer standalone, or just by opening the default.X.trc file(s) under C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log (or corresponding).

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

-Jar Files

Where can I download the jar files ? I have looking for

"com.sap.portal.navigation.masterhead_core.jar" and

"com.sap.portal.navigation.masterhead_api.jar" but I can not reach them.

- Log files

Actually I have not access to c:\usr ... Where can I get "Visual Admin" of "LogViewer standalone" ?

Thanks again.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

you can browse the deployment via System Administration - Support - Support Desk - Portal Runtime - Browse Deployment - Brows: "temp" - download the PAR in question.

You need the SysAdmin role for this, of course.

For VisualAdmin / LogViewer standalone, ask your portal administrator. It can be downloaded from C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\admin (or corresponding).

Hope it helps

Detlev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi detlev,

Thanks for your clarification.

Regards

Yoga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again, still I have the problem with the header.

I have downloaded de class locator but I do not know how install it into NWDS and it seems that I need to know where is the jar files and I do not know where is the files. is there a global package of jar files?

I am going to try to follow the logs in order to solve the header problem.

if someone have created a new masthead properly I would be very grateful if say me the steps.

Thanks.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Optima,

> I do not know how install it into NWDS

Like any Eclipse plugin, put the folder into the plugins directory under SAP/JDT/Eclipse.

> is there a global package of jar files?

If you have a local installation, just use this as the JAR source. If not, you should get the JARs from a porta installation; if you have the PDK installed, you can download the files from Java Development - Tools - PDK Jars Download.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Good news about the class locator I have got the class locator customized and working.

Bad news about masthead I have not found the masterhead_core.jar and masterhead_api.jar.

My problem about jars is that I have SneakPreview Portal local installation with the PDK but when I try to download the jar package is empty I think is about the version.

I have other installation of the portal, complete in a server but it has not installed the pdk I have given instructions to the administrator to install it but that will take effect in some days.

Can someone send me the jar package?

I want to check if the real problem of the new masthead is include the jars "masterhead_core.jar" and "masterhead_api.jar".

Thanks in advanced.

regards.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Optima,

if you have a local installation, just point the indexing for ClassLocator to this!

You definitele have the core JAR under C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\portal\portalapps\com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead\private (or corresponding).

There is no API jar.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beutner, Thanks for your replies.

I do not know what is wrong, it seems is something about the names:

- If I create a new project in NWDS from "com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead.par.bak" named with the standar SAP name "com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead". The component is Ok.

- But if I do the same with the name "com.client.portal.navigation.masthead". The component throw a exception. I have not modified code only I have created the project from par file.

Is there to change the new name in others locations?

Thanks again.

MANUEL

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Optima,

first, did you now import the JAR files manually into your project as described before?!

Second, how do you test your component that it throws an exception - and: What kind of exception?!?!

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again, I continue with the problem, the log says:

Caused by: com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalComponentInstantiationException: "Could not instantiate implementation class com.jccm.portal.navigation.HeaderiView" of Portal Component "com.jccm.portal.navigation.masthead.default" because: Could not find implementation class

"com.jccm.portal.navigation.masthead" is my renamed portal component based on com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead.

I have tried to change in the portalapp.xml the name of the class but the error is the same.

Where can I locate and modify the implementation class?

Thanks in advance.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Optima,

see my posting from Feb 13, 2006 6:06 PM within this thread - you have to manually import the JAR into the project for NWDS doesn't do it for you.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use jar class finder.

Go through the following links to get an idea about jar class finder.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Yoga

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yoga,

to use JarClassFinder, he (a) should have the need for referencing classes (in this case, it seems that he only has the need to include JARs) (b) he needs the JARs first, which he doesn't seem to have.

Anyhow, ClassLocator from SourceForge has some advantages over JarClassFinder, especially speeeeed... (for it is indexing the JARs and not doing a real-time search).

Hope it helps

Detlev