cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New KF added to Cube .Will It affect Listcube structure.(Urgent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I added 5 new key figures to the cube,changed the infosource(Communication Struct) and the update rules attached with it.

Will this have any affect to the Listcube structure?

Now as this was not required I need to revert the changes.

What all I need to do so that no other program gets affected and the Listcube structure is as it was before the changes made beacuse there is a BDC dependent on it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sachin_kulshrestha2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If those 5 kyfigure is being used in the BDC program then you change the program and activate it. Then delete the keyfigure from the cube after deleting the data.

Hope it helps.

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Those Kfs are not used in the BDC.

I wanted to know whether there will be any change in any progarm which uses the comm strut or the listcube struct if I go ahead with this change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subhash,

As already suggested, before removing unwanted Kfs, you need to delete the loaded data for them. If you do not delete the corresponding data for KFs you can't delete them from your structure.

You can go ahead with removing them, it'll bring you back to your old structure.

Hope it helps!!!!

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Earlier i told u it wont affect to the listcube struc if u revert back the changes which the keyfig's are not being used in the BDC Prog.

No Problem u can go ahead and delete 5 keyfig's

u will hav the same comm str.

Hope it Clear..!

-Shreya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me how to see the List cube structure for a cube.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sachin_kulshrestha2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Removal of those keyfigure will bring back to previous communication structure.

You can go ahead and remove the key figure without worring about the program..

hope is helps

sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it will surely affect the listcube structure because you will see the new keyfigures there. You cannot delete the new keyfigures without deleting the data of the cube.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If I delete the data and revert the changes (ie delete the new KFs) will the Listcube structure be original as before.

If not then what all changes needs to bedone.

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

List cube consists about the structure of the cube..if you add anything to the cube, it will reflect in the list cube. if you are inserting the new keyfigure you will not have the past data to that keyfigure. the next upload after you inserting the keyfigure will hold the data.

If you delete the data and delete the keyfigure then i think it will have the old structure..

Just wait for other experts suggestions

Regards

Rak

Message was edited by: Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it will effect to the LISTCUBE STRUCTURE.

if u want to revert back ur changes i.e delte 5 new keyfig's .. for doing this you hav to delete the data of the cube then only u can delete the keyfig's..

-Shreya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope I am not very clear.

I am ok with deleting data for reverting the changes but will it affect the Listcube structure.

Because there was a BDC on the original cube.Then I added the KFs . now i want to remove them.

So how do I go about so that it will not affect the BDC program

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

after revert back all the changes( deleting new keyfig's) u can see the same struc..

Shreya