cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver Developer Studio in Terminal Server / Citrix environment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Does anybody have experiences regarding Netweaver Developer Studio implementation on a Terminal Server / Citrix Server? Are the minimum hardware requirements of 512 MB meant as per user? What about multi-user environment? Is it possible to save individual configuration information in user's profile?

Regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

NWDS will run as a separate java process for each users, so there is probably not much to save in terms of memory used.

You could probably save some disk space, but the possibilities of conflicts, especially when using JDI/NWDI, are big.

Regards

DAgfinn

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

Yes, the requirement is a multi user if not even a multi team development environment. We are currently setting up a JDI on a dedicated server but since we have several external development teams from different companies in house I would like to provide a centralized NWDS environment with preconfigured settings for them. The reason is we had issues with a local NWDS on a developers laptop which regularly blocked all SDM deployments (also for all the other project teams) because the local NWDS installation got somehow corrupted.

It seems running such an environment on a terminal server would require heavy RAM since every user would have its own Java process. Stated that we had enough RAM, would it be possible to set NWDS up on a terminal server with development settings for each user?

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I haven't got much experience with citrix, but I believe you should get it working.

However, you might need to do some configuration regarding the location of the workspace. You can move the location by adding -data to the shortcut so that it becomes

"C:\Program Files\SAP\JDT\eclipse\SapIde.exe" -vm "C:\j2sdk1.4.2_08\bin\javaw.exe" -data "c:\SAP\NWDS"

"C:\SAP\NWDS" should be replaced by a variable which points to the users profile.

If you try to start two NWDS at the same time against the same workspace, the second will fail due to the fact that a lock file exist under .metadata/lock

Regards

Dagfinn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christain,

I suppose your requirement is a multi user development environment for Software Components logged through Citrix --right?.

Then try installing the NWDI as a central server and individual NWDS environments that connects centrally

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manab