cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET Connector and BC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody had any experience hooking the SAP .NET Connector up to a Business Connector Server?

Specifically i want to send iDOC-XML to the BC server and receive iDOC-XML.

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is any SAP server involved here? Or you just want two connectors to talk to each other without involving a SAP backend system?

I would like to mention that both connectors don't support (well) the direct RFC communication between them.

Regards,

Guangwei

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Business Connector and SAP .NET Connector are technologies that addess similar targets but with different means. Therefore it doesn't make a lot of sense to use them together. If you want to use BC to send or receive an XML-IDOC, this is pure WebService technology. BC should offer you a WSDL file that you can use with the VS "Add Web Reference" feature to create a WebService proxy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sending an ORDERS02 IDOC-XML from a non sap backend through a BC server to a marketplace.

at the moment i am simply using the VB6 client code that BC generates (composes). Its based around the webmethods.dll that has to be deployed to the client machine.

I may upgrade the interface to SOAP, but i am unsure of the work involved. I'm going to have a quick read through the SOAP guide for BC so that is probably a good place to start.

The system must be bidirectional - in that BC needs to send an IDOC-XML to me. In this case i'm going to have to listen for incoming IDOC-XML messages from BC. I figured that this would probably be easiest achieved via a SOAP webservice in .NET. I am unsure if the .NET Connector would be of assistance in this scenario.

Cheers

Message was edited by: Matthew Easlea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The .NET Connecor connects .NET applications to SAP backend systems. If neither a SAP system is involved, nor SAP communication protocol(RFC) is used, you really do not need the connector.

Regards,

Guangwei