cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to skip one process in process chains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have made some changes in the Endroutines at the third level target and moved the changes to BWP. Now, I need not extract the data from ECC. So I need to skip those process in the process chains for this.

How to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Abdul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

sastrylssv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Keep the Info package open .. so that it will failed while fetching the data from ECC (due to lock)..For the higher version of BW, if you right click on the failed step you can find the option of "SKIP" , In this way you can skip the step.

former_member183290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

You can go with Decision between Multiple alternatives step, if you don't want to do it manually. Even though, adding a new step to process chain just for one time is not usually preferred.

If you want to skip that particular step for certain set of days, then it might be helpful.

Thanks,

Vikranth.

former_member182343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Select your process chain and COPY that chain and temporarily do required changes using T code COPY.

Un-schedule old process chain and schedule new Process chain temporally till the time your changes transport to production.

- vijay

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that's 1 of the solutions I proposed last Friday...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right click on that process and display messages -> backg tab -> batch monitor > Stop the job.
it will be failed now with red status.

Now in the display messages , from the Chain tab

Take the Variant and Instance Name

Then goto SE11 - > RSPCPROCESSLOG

Give the Variant and Instance Name here and get other details like LOGID , TYPE..

Now goto SE38 -> RSPC_PROCESS_FINISH

Give all the details collected from above steps and fill the STATE value as 'G'

Execute.. This will Skip that process and start the next process in the process chain

If it is temporary then you can just copy that chain and remove that process step and run the chain.

Thanks

Nethaji Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

You can skip the process chain if it stucked/failed in middle.

Follow the steps-

1)Go to Tcode SE38.

2)Enter the program name RSPC_PROCESS_FINISH and execute it.It will ask you some parameters.

3)You can got these parameters in Table using Tcode SE16 - RSPCPROCESSLOG or you can also right click on failed process -> display message -> you will get instance and variant name on the last tab of it.

Pass the required parameters in the function module & Additionally, make the STATE as "G‟ and execute it.

This will take your process chain out from failed step and will process further.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will only take it from a failed step it won't help if you just want to skip certain steps that is unfortunately not possible..

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

If this is one time activity, then better to go with manual execution of required steps rather than skipping.

If i understand correct as you have chain and need to skip one step in that chain. if yes then its not possible to skip.

Possible way:

remove the unwanted d step and trigger the chain. after that reframe to back. but you need to take back up of  process chain screen shot.

if you give the process chain screen shot, its better for us to suggest.

Thanks

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

In 7.3 you could skip failed processes. If I understood you correctly I would suggest you manually execute the processchain steps if this is a one off update. You would have to copy and redesign your pc if you need this more frequent.

hope it helps

Martin

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you explain a bit more as to what you are trying to accomplish?

I assume it's a one time thingy... so either do a manual load or copy the process chain to a temporary one and remove the ECC updates from that chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right, Raf. It is a one time activity, but might require another time. I was actually trying to find out a different approach other than copying process chain.

Regards,

Abdul

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, how will you let the system know in which case(s) it needs to skip that part of the chain?

If you can write that "logic" down, you could try and implement it via "decisions".

The safest bet would be to copy the chain and store it in a "copies" folder or so (that case you'll remember you can use those occassionally).