cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Restore the source system on BI side after Upgrade of the source system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently upgraded our source system.

After that, when I did "Check" the source system on BI Side, it shown that source system needs to be activated first.

So we activated the source system, it has replicated the datasources as well during activation.

Now, when I tried to do a sample load it is taking a long time. when I analyzed the issue, it seems that Port number that IDoc is using has different Logical System name in ECC side than our BW system name.

So my question is whether I have missed any Post upgrade steps? Do I need to Restore the system also? Will it solve the problem?

looking for helpful replies.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly have a look at below FAQ note for source system issues,

1478123 - FAQ: Source system

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check your relevant port number in WE21 and change if that's different.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your helpful replies..

I have gone through the SAP Note, and found by checking each step that the port number which is there in IDoc(RSINFO)  was not pointing to our BW system.

I changed the same and it is working properly now.

But still...., what may be the reason for this behaviour, as we just have upgraded the source system and not changed anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here port contans RFC destination, so if port has wrong RFC destination, the Source system check will be wrong.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you perform BDLS transaction code after system copy.