cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to reduce number of pager links (1-10; 11-20, ...) for KM iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am displaying 5 items in my KM iview at a time. There are many more items in the folder and the iview thus displays the list of links to the other items at the bottom of the page like this 1-5 6-10 11-15 16-20 ... > >>. The iview is placed in a narrow page column in a narrow, wide, narrow page template.

When the number of items in the folder grows the width of the pager link component becomes wider than my iview. This triggers the horizontal scroll bar for the iview which I of course don't want.

I have tried configuring the collection renderer in my layout set. The field "Max. Links for Page Browser" seems to be what I need, but setting this to a low number has no effect on the number of pager links shown.

Anyone have any ideas on how to configure this in the layout set or renderers?

Henning

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henning

I had this problem.

While working on it i found that, when u give the "max links for page browser",

the no. of links will come twice the no. u have given.

That means, if u have given 3, then there would be 1-10 11-20,_21-30_,_31-40_,_41-50_,_51-60_,_61-70_, ... >, >> /100.

Notice, the no. of linked pages are now 6(3*2)...

So i think there is some effect but u were not noticing it may be...

Please try and see...

Award Points if found useful

Regards

BP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Henning

u may go to :

System Administration /System Configuration / Knowlodge Management / Content Management / User Interface / Settings / Collection Renderner Settings

enter "ConsumerCollectionRenderer" and click "Apply Filter"

you can edit "Number of Rows" there and it will take effect at once.

check [this link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/87/3d48475ee8bd448c4031aa98d90524/content.htm]

you can CTRL+F "Number of Rows" and see more details there

Rds!

Fishy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys

Thanks for all quick answers.

BP - you hit the nail on the head. Putting Max. no.. to 1 gives me << < ... 6-10 11-15 16-20 ... > >> / 22 which is kind of strange, but good enough.

Points well earned.

Henning

jonh_goldberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Looking at the documentation, it sure seems like you are setting the correct property to change the number of pager links. Is there anything else special about your Layout Set? I've found that sometimes if its not properly assigned, the system will substitute a default renderer setting instead of the one I specified. Maybe you could try changing the Displayed Properties just to verify that your collection renderer is the one being used? How complicated is your Layout Set, are there multiple Collection Renderers in use, or just the one?