cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need suggestion for learning SAP BO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Need a suggestion related to learning SAP BO .

I have worked in a project on SAP BO using WEBi for 8-9 months. But I worked mainly on tool only or I can say for functional part.

Now I want to build my career in this technology only so it will required a detail knowledge of the tool along with Universe and all major , minor things.

My question is that should I go with the training of SAP BO only ?

Or first I should learn SAP BW then BO ?
Or SAP BO and after that SAP BW ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Depends!

Market is changing and lot of new expectations from BI  guys these days.  Knowing only BO may not help you .However if you are in the beginner stage cover BO suites ( Webi,CR,Live office,Lumira,Universe design ). I see lot of demand for design studio these days . With BO suite you may either choose Data Services/BW/HANA/ and there is demand for SAP BI too. My suggestion is dedicate your time for learning on any one of the combination, Probably once you have the projects in hand you can excel in the modules.

Regards,

Nagraj

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you really should be asking yourself is you are interested in Reporting and Data Warehouse. These two are itself very detailed technology tools. So its up to you to choose which topic suits you better. If you are interested in reporting, I would suggest go for BO first and then SAP BW and vise versa

Having said that below are the official tutorial provided by SAP for Business Objects Topic:

Since you are also interested in how BO and BW works, this tutorial should also help you:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kuldeep .

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP BO Complete Reference by Cindi Howson is another good resource for learning BO.

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please close the thread if your query is answered