cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need info on wait step in workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on workflow scenario, where I have a wait step for an event (to be triggered by an incoming Idoc). Now when a time frame is reached, a workitem should be raised for an agent to take the action ( to continue wait or cancel the process).

I understand that the wait for an event step also raises a work item. So I am planning to design as follows.

1. Activate the requested start date tab which will put the WI in the inbox. But not very sure how to capture the agent decision and go back to wait step or cancel accordingly.

Can someone provide me some inputs?

~ Roopesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to keep a watch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The point in using a subworkflow is, that both branches will end the subworkflow, and after that a loop around it reacts to what has happened.

It should be easy for you to test, if you implementation has worked, just put a low timelimit on your waitstep and try it out.

Kind regards

Mikkel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Mikkel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopesh,

I think the easy way is to wrap your wait process into a subworkflow. Then make a modeled deadline on your waitstep. In the modeled path, you then place your userdecission, that updates an exporting container with the result. (Cancel, retry or event received)

This subworkflow is wraped in a loop that determines to continue or not using this container.

Hope it helps

Kind regards

Mikkel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikkel,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried as suggested by you but have one doubt in mind. Let me tell you, what I did in the wait step, I have used the latest end deadline modeled approach. It has created a separate branch, I mean not closed branch but an open branch. I have put a user decision step in it, and put this entire block in loop. Now I still see it as an open branch. Is it created that way or am I doing something wrong?

~Roopesh