cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Orphaned BIBCTL jobs when DSO Activation fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus & Experts,

We are having this issue for the third time it has been in a row. There is a Process chain running as a part of over night job and on every Sunday it has been failing at Activation of M records for DSO and after that BIBCTL jobs are running long which does not makes any sense. It has failed in a similar way on last two Sundays.

This is error msg below :-

"BCTL_DB3PWFOQB9G362CQ9VXKXXB74 terminated due to missing confirmation"

but the process keep running after that and can be killed or stopped by SM37 and SM50 and ultimately killed from Basis side.

Any help and valuable suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you resolve the error when it came on last Sunday? Have you found any erroneous records?

A helpful thread on BIBCTL Jobs:-------

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Thanks for your reply. As i have mentioned these process can not be stopped by SM37 or SM50. So I had to tell my basis team to kill these processes. But I am trying to find out how can we resolve this issue so that it should not happen anymore.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check my earlier reply once. I gave you a thread.

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I had that thread already but could not get the desired result. Thanks anyways.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We had a same problem happening every saturday.

The issue was non availability of background process. We have about 20 BGD processes. One full upload was taking long time (DSO Activation). When other process chain kicked offf, DSO activation was getting failed due to non availability of BGD's BI_BCTL*.

Now I just put delay of 3600 seconds on DSO activation job. Since then no failure on actavation of DSO. Check your error and if its the same case then you can put delay and test.

thanks

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks for your valuable comment. We have 6 background processes already but will try to increase as per your advise. Now there is a question how to put a delay of 3600 seconds on DSO activation. Can you please show me the procedure step by step.

Regards

Sunny

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

how to put a delay of 3600 seconds on DSO activation

This can be done in RSODSO_SETTINGS t-code in BW system.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Thanks for that, i think we have done it already.

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sunny,

Go to process chain, right click on the DSO activation process and select "DEBUG LOOP", a box will be displayed "waiting time for the execution of the process" give 3600 (in seconds).

thanks

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

You will get activation M records error, if any request is loading when DSO activation is going on.

Check if you have any loads running on DSO when DSO activation is in Progress.If yes analyze how much that load will take and give the same as wait time for you DSO activation in your PC.

How to give Wait time In PC:

1)open PC in RSPC1

2)goto edit mode

4) right click on DSO activation step -->select debug loop

5)give time in seconds(This time should be analyzed by you)

6)save and activate the PC

Hope it solves your issue.

I think you can monitor the child jobs of DSO activation in SM37.If you want to cancel you can do this in SM37

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srikanth,

Thanks for your reply, do you think it is safe to give 3600 seconds straight away or is there any way to analyse how much time should be given. As the whole chain runs overnight and takes around 7 hours to finish and i am wondering will the 3600 seconds delay can increase the loading time.

As you had advised, we increased back ground processes to 20.

Regards

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

Thanks for your reply. How do you analyse the time to be given in debug process for DSO.

Regarding these orphaned BIBCTL jobs are running, we can not kill them via SM37 and SM50 and i have to ask BASIS team to kill these processes from their end which in bit weird.

Regards

Sunny

srikanthbwbw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sunny is your problem solved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srikanth,

It partially solved i can say as we increased the no. of back ground processes as you had suggested but still monitoring.

Lets give it some time and see how it behaves and then i can certainly say that it is resolved but we have to wait unfortunately.

Regards

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have got same issue again but this time after a month's time.

Once again it happened during weekend and this is error message which is same as it was in the past : -

Error occurred while deciding partition number

PSA update failed

Process 000003 returned with errors

Background process BCTL_DBA2WH3T6167YSRG2JOPWJAHC terminated due to missing confirmation

Background process BCTL_DBA2WH3T6167YSRG2JOPWJAHC terminated due to missing confirmation

Data pkgs 000001; Added records 1-; Changed records 0; Deleted records 0

Log for activation request ODSR_DBA2WH3T615GA6FOR093U3W7K data package 000001...000001

Errors occured when carrying out activation

Analyze errors and activate again, if necessary

Activation of M records from DataStore object ZDSO** terminated

I have done all the things suggested by the experts but still unable to understand this strange behaviour.

Please suggest your valuable thoughts regarding how to stop this from happening.

Regards

Sunny