cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Installing SCM 5.1 Non-Unicode System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to build SCM 5.1 Non-Unicode System. But during installation the Unicode option is default and we are not able to uncheck that option since it is in gray. As an alternative I have tried to install SCM 5.0 Non-Unicode and upgrade to SCM 5.1, Unexpectedly I cant find Installation Master at Service Market Place with SCM 5.0. I have tried to install SCM 5.0 with NetWeaver 7.0 SR3 Installation Master but it is taking to the same issue of Unicode option. what is the correct sequence of upgrade SCM 4.1 to SCM 5.1 or SCM 5.0 to SCM 5.1 for Non Unicode system?

Since we compulsory need to install SCM 5.1 Non Unicode System for our product matrix to support our customers with their issues. Please suggest/ provide a solution for this problem soon.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ajay,

Looked into your problem, and the conclusion I have come within my limited knowledge is that as of Netweaver 7.00 Web AS, may it be of SRM, SCM etc, non-unicode systems are no longer supported. I installed SRM 5.0 complete with abap/java stack and on NETWEAVER 2004. Even with netweaver 2004, it wasnt accepting the non-unicode systems during installation. I am sorry I forgot the sap note number, which clearly indicated the lack of support for non unicode systems as its inconvienient and not at all user friendly. I dont understand why you specifically need non-unicode systems, as unicode will have all the features of non-unicode and the support for the marketplace is in abundance. Unicode & NOn-unicode systems are specific only to the languages you want to install in your systems. As far as I am concerned, I dont see any major security threat in unicode systems. Thanks,

Cheers,

M. Nizam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nizam,

Thanks for the good response. This Non-Unicode System is to support our product matrix for customers who is still on SCM 5.1 Non-Unicode. Anyway I am upgrading SCM 5.0 non-Unicode to SCm 5.1 Non-Unicode.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I think you should be able to install the non unicode version if you use the SR2 series.

The option to choose between unicode and non unicode has been discontinued from SR3 onwards as per my experience.

Rohan.