cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Headers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I've got my whole report screwed up.

I have a main report and two sub reports. In the main report I have a chart followed by some data, in the first subreport I have a chart followed by some data, then I have second sub report that is just data.

The column headings are in the page header, which is fine because all of the data has the same headings. The problem is the chart in the first subreport. The column headings are showing up on that page too, but I don't want them too.

I don't think I understand the relationship of the headings very well.

Any help is appreciated, I have attached a screen shot of my design view.

Thanks,

Wade

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wade,

Here's what you need to do:

1) Unsuppress the GH1 section and move all the headers from the Page Header to the Group Header 1

2) Go to the Group Expert > Highlight the group > Options > Options tab > Check the option 'Repeat Group Header on each Page'.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Abhilash. When I followed your suggestion, it fixed my original problem, but now the headers repeat. I have checked the suppress if duplicated option, but that does nothing.

Thanks,

Wade

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the headers are not supposed to repeat on each page, just uncheck the 'Repeat Group Header on each Page' option.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I wasn't clear, they are repeating after every row of detailed data.

Please see attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bumping up

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. Try this:

1) Create a formula with this code:

WhileReadingRecords;

"";

2) Go to the Group Expert > Add this formula field to the Top of the Group List > Options > Options tab > Check the 'Repeat Group Header on each Page' option

3) Move all the header fields to this new GH1 section

4) Suppress GH2 and GF1

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect! Thank you so much.

Wade

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i will explain the difference in Report Header and Page Header,

Report Header on appear Once usually on the first Page of the Report

While the Page Header appear on all pages of the report.. so it will also appear on the First page of the Report.

If you put ur Header in the Page Header and the Report Header it will appear twice on the first page..

thx