cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on restoring CI of Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, all

We have a QA Portal system which is consisted of one DB server, one CI, and one DI server.

after CI server was formatted for a restore from the tape, Somehow, we lost the backup tape of the for the CI server.

the DB server was restore successfully from the tape and the DI server is intact.

I am wondering what's the options I have now for bringing the CI back:

1. Do a new installation on CI. This sounds doable, however, I am not exactly clear about what's the following steps? How to restore those file system level stuff on CI?

2. Do a complete system copy from production system to QA system. This will use the Prod database thus will be more adjustment work involved.

Options 2 looks more straightfoward and option one is less work. But I am leaning toward option one. But can you shed more light on the detail steps I need for option 1?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Your option 1 sounds pretty uncertain to me. Basically you COULD try to recreate the structure under the j2ee tree from the DI and then hope that during startup the files are all nicely synchronized between FS and DB. Even then your CI would not be full-scale useable as it would lack SDM, JSPM, Visual Admin etc. - for these you could make an educated guess and copy and adapt files from your production system...in general: It sounds not impossible, but VERY uncertain. More likely to be successful is the following approach:

Take a backup of your QA DB, install a fresh system (or run a system copy from production) and then restore your QA DB instead of applying all the postactions to the new (or copied) instance. If this does not work you have no choice but to go through the system copy routine including the postactions.

Regards,

Jörg

Answers (0)