cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on infospoke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm about to build an Info spoke which is on ODS. As per the requirement they have given infoobjects where I can see only one Key field but in my ODS I have 2 Key fields in my ODS.

Can any one please guide me will this infospoke will fetch the proper data or not.? I just wonder if some thing goes wrong in the output.

So please guide me, whether I need to take both the key fields in the in my Infospoke or not.?

Looking for ur valuable suggestions.

Thanks

Bulli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

THe infospoke will fetch you the right data irrespective of you using all the keys that are in ODS.

No problem.

As a note:

If you are extracting to BW table, then you can use the option of using a Technical (Fake) key.

If you are extracting to FLat file, you won't have any problems.

U.P. Chamarthy

Message was edited by:

U.P. Chamarthy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said, keeping all the key fields will ensure data consistency.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is up to you and depending on the requirements.

If you dont want both the key fields, then you can make selections in the chars tab in info spoke definition.

But, if you think both the key fields will make more business sense, then bring both.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the replies. But here I'm uploading the data to flat file. and in our 3.1 system they have taken all the key fields in the infospokes. But we need to build the same infospoke in 3.5 system. in this they havnt given all the key fields in the requirement.

I think that I need to take all the key fields in this regard.

thanks

Bulli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bulli,

Just a comment...

As UP noted, the Infospoke will extract the data without issues. The problem is what happens later with the data.

Since you're missing one of the keys, the referential integrity of the data is being ignored so if this data is loaded into another database or system, you can have unexpected results, especially with data aggregation for lacking this key component.

Make sure your users understand that and make it clear in the requirements. Save yourself a headache...

Regards,

Luis